Loosing Power During Cleaning

The very latest news and updates for the iRobot Roomba robotic vacuum, the Scooba Robotic Washer and the Dirt Dog workshop sweeper. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

Postby DaleF » March 10th, 2018, 12:48 pm

I have a 980 Roomba. Part way through the cleaning cycle the robot just looses power. I can go over to it and just pickup a corner and the power comes back on and I depress the clean button and off it goes again. Roomba is sending me a replacement battery but could it also be in the robot itself?
DaleF

Postby someoneclever » March 10th, 2018, 12:49 pm

Perhaps the battery connections are loose, or the robot contacts are dirty?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
someoneclever
Robot Addict

Re: Loosing Power During Cleaning

Postby DaleF » March 10th, 2018, 2:18 pm

I cleaned the battery contacts with steel wool, and made sure the robot contacts were also pulled up...and robot still lost power. All I did was shake it a bit and it regained power and started cleaning. Any other ideas..
DaleF

Postby vic7767 » March 10th, 2018, 10:26 pm

Let us know what happens after you receive your new battery.
Roomba and Neato Mods, come visit: http://www.vic7767.com/
vic7767
Robot Master

Postby waorb » March 12th, 2018, 7:36 am

Hello Dale.

I bought a 960, and just out-of-the box I think that it was DOA (dead on arrive); even if all lights are 'on' when charging...

I realized that the 'springs' inside the battery housing are pushed to do not make contact with the battery.

Just pulled them a little bit and the contact was perfect. Maybe your Roomba have the contact with milimeters away, and sometimes the spring got apart of the battery (when skaked a little because of a carpet, etc).

Cheers!
waorb

Return to iRobot Roomba and Scooba Chat