Dirt Dog alternative

The very latest news and updates for the iRobot Roomba robotic vacuum, the Scooba Robotic Washer and the Dirt Dog workshop sweeper. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

Re: Dirt Dog alternative

Postby roboroomba » March 2nd, 2011, 9:07 pm

on the dirt dog and roomba disco/4xxx the beater/small bristle brush will not fit in a 5xx roomba,

If it did, a 5xx with a high capacity bin, and the small bristle brush would be just like a dirt dog.
roomba 510, roomba 440, roomba 550 (parts bot), roomba red (programing robot)
roboroomba
Robot Addict

Postby mfortuna » November 9th, 2011, 5:40 pm

My kids (24 and 21) rode out a power outage caused by the noreaster here a couple weeks ago. In the process of bringing fireplace fuel into the house they made a mess of the porch, leaving twigs and other debris all over the place. Set the dirt dog loose and he cleaned the entire porch with no issues. Some of the twigs were pretty good sized but no problems for the DD.

As mentioned on this thread you can probably create a dirt dog from the 500 series but it would by nice for Irobot to come out with a low cost 500 series based shop model.
Mike
Reds x 3, Dirt Dog, Disco (now a parts bot), Create, Scooba 350, and Security Dawg
Evolution Mint
Neato XV-11
Shark Ion 750
mfortuna
Robot Master

Postby Gfindez » November 9th, 2018, 12:37 pm

I'm not sure if this was suggested already but I have used a roomba 650 for quite some time in my garage and it works great. I just wash the filter each time and let it dry before the next use of course. You will want to take compressed air or canned air and clean the motor intake out regularly in the dust bin to prevent blockage.
Gfindez

Postby piokrza » November 11th, 2018, 9:30 am

I think original Dirt Dog had more stiff bristle brush than Roomba thus could cleaning more hard and heavy objects like nails and scobs without damage and it was vacuum/filter-less design.
piokrza
Robot Master

Previous

Return to iRobot Roomba and Scooba Chat