Logitech Harmony Roomba and activities

The very latest news and updates for the iRobot Roomba robotic vacuum, the Scooba Robotic Washer and the Dirt Dog workshop sweeper. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

Logitech Harmony Roomba and activities

Postby CyberVillain » September 29th, 2011, 1:19 pm

Hi folks.
I've gotten my Roomba 534 to work with the Harmony One using the 560 profile.
It works ok, but there are two things bugging me

1) I cant get a activity to work with the profile, I want it to start clean when activity starts and Dock when it ends (It works when I do it manually from the remote)
2) If i go forward the drone will go into dock mode when I release the forward button, if i press / release the button with maybe 0.25 seconds between the robot does not go into dock mode once you stop going forward, is it posible to fix this?
CyberVillain

Re: Logitech Harmony Roomba and activities

Postby vic7767 » September 29th, 2011, 1:59 pm

Those are all IR commands that are being transmitted to your Roomba. There may be some IR signals that your model Roomba recognizes differently than the 560 ??? The end result is that not all the IR commands are published so some experimentation of commands sent to your Roomba will be needed.
Roomba and Neato Mods, come visit: http://www.vic7767.com/
vic7767
Robot Master

Postby CyberVillain » September 30th, 2011, 4:37 am

Well, I've tried to get it to work, but failed so I hoped someone else had experience to this to work with a logitech remote.

I dont care that much about being able to steer it correctly (Its a robot not a RC car :P), but it would be really cool to be able to have an activity on the remote that starts the robot and makes it dock when you end the activity..
CyberVillain

Postby babakonda » January 1st, 2019, 12:46 pm

Sorry to resurrect an ancient thread... ;) but better than opening a new one.

Did anyone here successfully pair the Harmony Hub with 880 or earlier series Roomba?
Specifically, I’m waiting for the hub to arrive - bought it primarily to work with the tv (being able to control it with Alexa), and it seems that with proper positioning of hub+Roomba to receive Hub’s IR signal - and programming the hub with Roomba’s remote - it would be able to do basic tasks such as starting it via Alexa or remotely when I’m not home.
babakonda
Robot Groupie

Return to iRobot Roomba and Scooba Chat