Roomba 780 won't stop cleaning behind closed dors

The very latest news and updates for the iRobot Roomba robotic vacuum, the Scooba Robotic Washer and the Dirt Dog workshop sweeper. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

Roomba 780 won't stop cleaning behind closed dors

Postby Zigismund » November 24th, 2012, 2:17 pm

Hello,
I'm new owner of Roomba 780 and I have a problem. I searched all over this forum and didn't find the answer for this kind of a problem so please advise if you know what is the solution.

If my Roomba starts cleaning in the room where I keep the dock, there is now problem. When the room is finished roomba searches for the dock and stops with the cleaning. But if I put it in another room and I close the door, Roomba won't stop cleaning. It cleans for about 40 minutes and when it should switch off (because docking station is in another room) it doesn't. Only light for Dock switches on and it seems like Roomba wants to find the docking station and never stops. I've waited for more than 2 hours but it didn't switched off. I reseted it, but the problem wasn't solved.

Do you have any advice?

Thank you in advance.
Zigismund

Re: Roomba 780 won't stop cleaning behind closed dors

Postby vic7767 » November 24th, 2012, 3:14 pm

Disconnect the power supply from the home base. Remove and then replace the Roomba battery. Start a cleaning session in the room without the home base and see how long the session takes.
Roomba and Neato Mods, come visit: http://www.vic7767.com/

http://www.Robot-Doc.com/
vic7767
Robot Master

Re: Roomba 780 won't stop cleaning behind closed dors

Postby Zigismund » November 25th, 2012, 1:38 pm

Hey vic7767, thank you for the answer, but I found out what I was doing wrong.

I put docking station of my Roomba under the bed and it is hard to reach it. The only way to bring the Roomba in another room was to push the button Clean and than it comes 15 centimeters away from docking station towards me. Than I press clean button again to stop with the cleaning and bring it in the other room and that was the problem. Roomba doesn't forget that it started from docking station and wants to dock again when it finishes with cleaning. Now I found out that I have to switch it off for few seconds and than I can transfer it to another room and start with a cleaning and it stops after approximately 35 minutes, so everything works great :)

Thans again!
Zigismund

Return to iRobot Roomba and Scooba Chat