Need a CHM in the UK - options?

The very latest news and updates for the iRobot Roomba robotic vacuum, the Scooba Robotic Washer and the Dirt Dog workshop sweeper. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

Need a CHM in the UK - options?

Postby sonypc100 » December 1st, 2012, 9:26 am

Hi

Had 2 blissful years with a 500 series but it started whining and not picking up.

Took the bin off and the brushes are not turning.

Used the guide on here and opened up and cleaned the CHM gears, but they seem worn in parts as if the hair/debris has built up and hardened and has slowing started to wear the gears away.

Anyway, put it back together and no improvement so I guess we are looking at a new CHM.

Is there a UK supplier I should look at.

I did look at one via a link on here, but its a modified unit at £99 and says will last for 3 to 6 months of cleaning??!!

I guess Vic could ship one from the states but its only been faulty a couple of days and we are missing it already!

Thanks

Rich
sonypc100

Re: Need a CHM in the UK - options?

Postby vic7767 » December 1st, 2012, 12:01 pm

Check the PM I sent you.
Roomba and Neato Mods, come visit: http://www.vic7767.com/

http://www.Robot-Doc.com/
vic7767
Robot Master

Postby iMayne » December 5th, 2012, 3:35 am

sonypc100 wrote:Hi
I did look at one via a link on here, but its a modified unit at £99 and says will last for 3 to 6 months of cleaning??!!

Hi Rich.

I guess that is me. The listing says cleaning time will be around 3 - 5 months, not that it will last 3 - 5 months. You've read it wrong. I also have CHMs that are not modified. Please contact me if you wish to move forward.
UK Business Coming Soon
iMayne
Robot Addict

Postby Gordon » December 5th, 2012, 1:32 pm

iMayne wrote:
sonypc100 wrote:Hi...I did look at one via a link on here, but its a modified unit at £99 and says will last for 3 to 6 months of cleaning??!!
Hi Rich.
I guess that is me. The listing says cleaning time will be around 3 - 5 months, not that it will last 3 - 5 months. You've read it wrong. ...
Funny thing, iMayne, I peeped at your site's wording: "Cleaning time will be around 3 - 5 months." and interpret the nonsense exactly as sonypc100 did! While, OTOH, you seem to think that description has clear and useful meaning.

Please elaborate by use of other words to say what "Cleaning time will be around 3 - 5 months." means to you.
Gordon
Robot Master

Return to iRobot Roomba and Scooba Chat