Replacement Cover for 5900 Dry Vacuum Port? / VANISHED

The very latest news and updates for the iRobot Roomba robotic vacuum, the Scooba Robotic Washer and the Dirt Dog workshop sweeper. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

Replacement Cover for 5900 Dry Vacuum Port? / VANISHED

Postby sixofone » December 6th, 2012, 3:59 pm

Hello all-
My faithful Scooba 5900's rubber cover for the bottom "dry vacuum port" (according to service manual) has vanished. (Note that I am not speaking of the "vacuum flow tube.") I know exactly what cleaning cycle this occurred on (the last one), and I know exactly where a dislodged cover should be found (my family room floor). It isn't there. To be clear, I KNOW the cover was there when the cycle started - I inspect all the "bottom" parts before every use (the others, too) - and I KNOW the cover was not unusually loose, torn, or otherwise disintegrating prior to use. There is absolutely no nook, cranny or other potential hiding place for a dislodged cover on the floor surface - it just isn't there. I noticed no unusual discharge from the dirty tank after use, and no unusual accumulation in the filter. So - could this fairly substantial part somehow have gotten INSIDE the dirty tank? Doesn't seem possible. I shook and flushed the tank but no evidence of part or pieces of part.

(A) Does anyone know of somewhere I can get this part?- couldn't locate one anywhere
(B) Will Scooba vac effectiveness be diminished significantly without this part? It just seemed to function okay on a test run with floor well roomba-ed immediately prior -

THANKS
sixofone

Re: Replacement Cover for 5900 Dry Vacuum Port? / VANISHED

Postby Gordon » December 6th, 2012, 5:52 pm

sixofone wrote:Hello all-
My faithful Scooba 5900's rubber cover for the bottom "dry vacuum port" (according to service manual) has vanished. (Note that I am not speaking of the "vacuum flow tube.") ...
The item you are concerned about is a single piece that extends through the entire height of the robot's base and protrudes out the bottom a short distance. It looks like this when removed from the base:
Vw1_VacPort.jpg
Yours may have lost the bottom scoop.
(A) Does anyone know of somewhere I can get this part?-
iRobot Customer Support ought to be able to help.
...(B) Will Scooba vac effectiveness be diminished significantly without this part? ...
Just be sure to hand sweep, or Roomba sweep the area to be wet cleaned before running Scooba over it.
Gordon
Robot Master

Re: Replacement Cover for 5900 Dry Vacuum Port? / VANISHED

Postby sixofone » December 6th, 2012, 6:41 pm

Thanks Gordon, in looking at it again, you are correct - Thanks much for response.
sixofone

Return to iRobot Roomba and Scooba Chat