Scooba Isn't Discharging Water...

The very latest news and updates for the iRobot Roomba robotic vacuum, the Scooba Robotic Washer and the Dirt Dog workshop sweeper. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

Re: Scooba Isn't Discharging Water...

Postby silvinhaamelo » August 14th, 2013, 5:03 pm

vic7767 wrote:
silvinhaamelo wrote: What am I doing wrong?
Is the vacuum motor running ? Are the two squeegees in place on the bottom of the Scooba ? Has the dirty water tank been cleaned out and the flapper ball free ?

The motor works fine. It goes around, it disposes water, but everytime I use it, it leaves a dirty water line from the site and when I open the the dirty water tank, it's empty and dry.
The squeegees should be in place. I see them on the bottom and they're wet after I use Scooba. It seems like the dirty water goes up in the squeegees, but it doesn't go to the dirty tank. It looks like the rubber grey round thing on the side doesn't fit properly. That part is always dry after I use Scooba.
The dirty water tank has been cleaned. When I put water from the faucet in that round place (where there is the gray round rubber thing), it goes to the tank, but when Scooba is working, it doesn't.
Maybe it's the flapper ball thing you talked about. What is it? Where can I find it? What am I supposed to do with it?
Thank you much, Silvia M.
silvinhaamelo

Postby vic7767 » August 14th, 2013, 5:24 pm

I've sent you an email. When you reply I will send you a copy of the Scooba service manual to help you discover what is ailing your robot.
Roomba and Neato Mods, come visit: http://www.vic7767.com/
vic7767
Robot Master

Postby kdunn » October 20th, 2013, 5:32 pm

Turkey baster works just fine for all us non-techos
kdunn

Postby angela100 » January 17th, 2014, 3:34 pm

here's another reason no water coming out...cuz I just did it!

I was replacing the vacuum pump motor so I had to open up the Scooba. When you take the top off, you push down on the solution transfer button so it pops out the bottom Image
When I went to reconnect everything, I did not notice that the water line attached to this button had pulled off. When I opened it back up just now, i saw that the water line was off the nipple. I stuck it back on and now it is working as intended. I must say that while taking it apart may seem like an ordeal, it sure is full of dust bunnies in there and was due for a very good cleaning.
angela100

Postby mouse2 » May 28th, 2017, 5:27 pm

My scooba 5800 is 7 years old, after regular weekend use two years, I think I stop using two years,then I reuse every weekend for two years. I recently have the problem that is after 10 minute run, scooba isn't discharging water, now I figure out a new problem different from mentioning above, there is mold around the tank outlet filter, it is difficult to remove by bike manual air pressure pump, stew blow, or turkey bastering hot water. since a used tank from ebay is about $28 plus shipping $15, I decided the last try, please see attached picture, I drill a hole on the tank above the outlet filter, then directly clean with a test tube brush, after all these effects, the scooba runs more then an hour with no problem. If I want to seal the hole, Duct tape will work. Thanks this website for keeping my scooba running. :)
Attachments
20170528_164134.jpg
mouse2

Postby THX-1138 » October 23rd, 2017, 6:05 pm

Hello mouse2,

This is a great tip! Thank you for sharing it with us and sorry for such a late response.
THX-1138
Robot Master

Postby susantx3 » October 24th, 2017, 12:55 am

I have a Scooba 450 that dispenses very little water, any tricks to get it to dispense its tank?
susantx3
Robot Groupie

Postby vic7767 » October 24th, 2017, 9:23 am

It's very possible that the water pump tube used to dispense the cleaning liquid has become pinched and the tube walls are stuck together. Some disassembly will be required to access the pump clear tubing and clear the pinched sides of the tube.
Roomba and Neato Mods, come visit: http://www.vic7767.com/
vic7767
Robot Master

Postby mouse2 » January 7th, 2018, 12:25 pm

@THX-1138,
You are welcome! Thx for response!
mouse2

Previous

Return to iRobot Roomba and Scooba Chat