I'm pulling my hair out trying to figure this out. Basically, I hadn't use the Roomba in awhile (as in...over a year). Went back to try to clean, get it running, etc., and now it's refusing to work. Situation is basically the following (on a 550):
- It comes on w/the light green. When I press clean, does the 4 note song of doom then the light turns red.
- When I charge, it pulses orange slowly. Then, after about 30 minutes, gives the 'Charge Error 5' error.
- I've reset/recharged a number of times, doesn't fix it.
- The PSU is outputting a solid 22.54V (measured by my DMM)
- The battery is outputting 17.29V (again, measured by my DMM)
- The batter termistor resistance is 10.22kohms just sitting out on my workbench
Not sure what to attempt next...direct charging of the battery...or how to do additional testing of the robot itself. The battery IS a few years old...so could just have crapped out but don't want to replace only to find it's another $100+ part to fix.