Roomba 780 wants to dock after only 30 minutes

The very latest news and updates for the iRobot Roomba robotic vacuum, the Scooba Robotic Washer and the Dirt Dog workshop sweeper. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

Roomba 780 wants to dock after only 30 minutes

Postby markp27 » January 18th, 2013, 7:49 am

Hi,

I've had my Roomba 780 (bought new) for just over a week and am having trouble that the roomba always wants to dock after only about 30 minutes of cleaning.

I have my Roomba setup with the dock in the hallway and two lighthouses in the door frames of the kitchen and living room (switches on the lighthouses are switched to lighthouse and the intensity switch is set to the middle position). The hallway is central to all rooms (3 bedrooms, 2 toilets, kitchen and living room).

Neither the dock nor the two lighthouses can see each other.

At first the 780 starts of well, entering and leaving the bedrooms and toilets via the hallway and finds/communicates fine with the Lighthouses (i.e. on the first encounter stops for a short time and then turns around and then after turns around on encountering the lighthouses) and the lighthouses LED's start to flash occasionally.

However, after 30 minutes of cleaning, the dock light on the 780 starts to flash (battery symbol showing solid green and no other warning lights) and it will dock without having entered either the kitchen or the living room.

I removed the batteries from the lighthouses and reset the roomba - replacing the lighthouse batteries after the roomba has finished the reset. No improvement :(

I thought it may be the battery condition, so I let the roomba run from a full charge without the dock plugged in. The roomba cleaned for 3.5 hours before the battery symbol changed to orange, at which point I switched on the dock again.

Has anyone else experienced this behaviour?

Cheers, Mark.
markp27

Re: Roomba 780 wants to dock after only 30 minutes

Postby Jubo » January 20th, 2013, 9:01 am

Do you happen to set the lighthouse in virtual wall mode?
Jubo
Robot Addict

Re: Roomba 780 wants to dock after only 30 minutes

Postby vic7767 » January 20th, 2013, 12:34 pm

Try a cleaning session with the two Lighthouses off. Then try a session with only one LH on that is farthest away.
Roomba and Neato Mods, come visit: http://www.vic7767.com/

http://www.Robot-Doc.com/
vic7767
Robot Master

Return to iRobot Roomba and Scooba Chat