The very latest news and updates for the iRobot Roomba robotic vacuum, the Scooba Robotic Washer and the Dirt Dog workshop sweeper. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.
Hi, im a first time user of this forum and hope someone can help me out. I have just got my romba back after a repair and it seems to operate like a different machine. I know this may sound strange but, it doesnt seem to bahave like it used to. It wont dock properly. It climbs onto the dock from an angle then skews too much and misses the contacts. I read in this forum about reseting the romba but dont know how to do that. Can anyone help please?
- Posts: 1
- Joined: February 18th, 2013, 3:19 am
You can reset it by pulling the battery but there is a good chance that won't help. What was repaired? You could run diagnostics on the roomba. Give me or vic7767 a PM with your email address and we can provide a service manual.
Reds x 3, Dirt Dog, Disco (now a parts bot), Create, Scooba 350, and Security Dawg
- Robot Master
- Posts: 5186
- Joined: February 5th, 2006, 10:35 am
- Location: NH
1. After stopping and starting your Roomba during a mission, your Roomba should move in a straight line. Is your Roomba moving in a straight line or move slightly to one side? If it moves slightly to one side, the wheels are not rotating in the same speed.
2. Put your Roomba 2 - 3 feet in front of your home base. Hit the dock button. Is your Roomba dock properly? If it cannot dock properly, it is the top IR subsystem problem. Do the BiT to confirm the problem.
- Robot Addict
- Posts: 1195
- Joined: February 17th, 2009, 11:52 pm
Return to iRobot Roomba and Scooba Chat
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Agfadoc, Fraggboy, neato, shirgal, third_deg, vic7767 and 229 guests