Scooba 450 Not laying down water

The very latest news and updates for the iRobot Roomba robotic vacuum, the Scooba Robotic Washer and the Dirt Dog workshop sweeper. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

Re: Scooba 450 Not laying down water

Postby Scoobarrgh » July 16th, 2016, 12:13 pm

Yes, that's what mine looked like too but it was pinched shut at one end of the white tube right before the tube connects to the black cylinder. I took the tube off and unglued the pinched portion and now my Scooba works like a charm!
Scoobarrgh

Postby vic7767 » July 16th, 2016, 1:44 pm

Glad to read of your discovery and successful resolve. Have you ever used any cleaner to add into the clean tank other than the iRobot Scooba juice?
Roomba and Neato Mods, come visit: http://www.vic7767.com/
vic7767
Robot Master

Postby Scoobarrgh » July 16th, 2016, 1:55 pm

No, just scooba juice. Maybe I used water that was too warm and that glued it shut.
Scoobarrgh

Postby vic7767 » July 16th, 2016, 4:16 pm

Thank you for that info. That may be a clue as to why the pinched tube issue develops. I have always just used the cold side knob for filling the tank.
Roomba and Neato Mods, come visit: http://www.vic7767.com/
vic7767
Robot Master

Postby Botty » May 29th, 2019, 2:50 am

My 450s work fine but always end up with about half a tank full of clean water left.
I’ve placed an order for the new iLife W400, which is the closest ive seen to a scooba recently. Will post results.
Botty
Robot Addict

Postby Botty » May 31st, 2019, 3:27 am

Botty wrote:My 450s work fine but always end up with about half a tank full of clean water left.
I’ve placed an order for the new iLife W400, which is the closest ive seen to a scooba recently. Will post results.

Ordered a W400 from aliexpress on Friday for £180 including delivery. Arrived 4 working days later!

Ran it last night.
First impressions:

Set up is easy and quick, as is disassembly. Interface is a bit more inelegant than an iRobot but not terribly so.

Not as aggressive as a scooba, much much more effective than any of the braavas. Nice thing is that i can use it on my wood floors as well as tiles, which i couldn't do with a scooba as there was too much water.

The brush is a soft fabric. Would be much better with stiffer bristles, but serviceable as is.

Water tank holds a lot. Almost a litre. Collected an entire tank of dirty water by the end, way more than I’ve had out of any scooba.

For a dumb robot the navigation is good. Cleans in an orderly grid, no random bouncing, so area coverage is comprehensive and relatively fast. Much more so than a braava.

Runs pretty quietly. Quieter than most vacuums, and not an unpleasant sound. Mostly white noise.

Battery life is great. Been running for over an hour already and not showing any signs of stopping. Stated run time is 80 mins.

Production quality seems ok, if a little plasticy.

Overall it seems like good value. Longer term use will reveal the truth but I’m very happy with this so far. On the basis of first impressions I’d def recommend over a braava.
Botty
Robot Addict

Postby babakonda » June 1st, 2019, 9:18 am

What’s with adding vinegar or detergents to it?
Is it louder than scooba 450, or a roomba?
babakonda
Robot Addict

Postby Botty » June 1st, 2019, 9:27 am

Much quieter than a scooba, and actually quieter than any roomba or neato as well. I happily watched tv in the same room while it was working. Not as quiet as either braava model but then since they’re virtually silent that’s not a surprise.

Ran it on another floor of my house this evening in two large rooms that are normally mopped with braavas and hand mops. Good results. Ended up with two full tanks of filthy water, so god knows how long I’ve been unwittingly just pushing the dirt around the floor with the braavas and mop.

Although I said it’s not aggressive as a scooba, I have to say it’s much easier to use and clean afterwards and therefore doesn’t feel like as much of a mission. So I’m much more likely to run this every day or two, whereas my scooba might only be a weekly thing when I can be bothered faffing about with them.

Couple of short vids below to give you an idea. You can see it’s cleaning in grid lines. Dumb, but thorough. The video makes it sound way louder than it is. If you leave the room and shut the door behind it you can barely tell anything’s on in the room.

Notice the water water collection tank at the rear of the unit. The amount you see there was after it had cleaned about a third of the room.

If you want any specific videos just say what you’d like and I’ll record and upload.

https://youtu.be/NqRoIXMFT34

https://youtu.be/BzRWyhvQoZs

Here’s a video of its very first run, in my kitchen. Gives you a better idea of how straight its working lines are.

https://youtu.be/dtkyAuTu3j8

You can see two grey bands running horizontally across the front of the unit. These are soft rubber and cushion any impacts on furniture (even though the machine is already very gentle).

Also I forgot to mention with width of the cleaning roller. It’s pretty wide, so that together with the grid cleaning contributes to the fast completion time, which in turn reduces wear and tear on parts / battery etc.
Last edited by Botty on June 1st, 2019, 9:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
Botty
Robot Addict

Postby Botty » June 1st, 2019, 9:28 am

Also re detergent. The manual says to not add any, but I put in some iRobot liquid that’s meant for the 450. Probably shouldn’t but I reckon if the 450 can cope with it then the w400 probably can as well.
Botty
Robot Addict

Postby Botty » June 1st, 2019, 10:02 pm

There is one failing which is that the w400 doesn’t get close enough to walls. Imagine the result from a roomba without the side brush and that’s what we’ve got here. It leaves about 1-1.5 inches from the edges uncleaned whereas the braavas get right up to them without missing a millimetre.

Still, tonight it cleaned my bathroom in about 15 minutes flat, where the 240 would have taken about 40 minutes, and the w400 did a better job.
Botty
Robot Addict

Previous

Return to iRobot Roomba and Scooba Chat