Scooba alternative solutions

The very latest news and updates for the iRobot Roomba robotic vacuum, the Scooba Robotic Washer and the Dirt Dog workshop sweeper. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

Re: Scooba alternative solutions

Postby phreich » June 27th, 2015, 8:26 pm

mjafari wrote:so is the Mr. Clean anti-bacterial multi-surface cleaner safe to use on the scooba 450?? and if so is the ratio still 2 tbsp per tank?

Read the previous posts -- make sure you get the Mr. Clean formula that does NOT contain febreze. It's the febreze that clogs up the scooba.

Here's a link to a post I submitted that has two different Mr. Clean products that don't contain Febreze (yet). These should be safe for your Scooba. I am using the "Home Pro" version of the cleaner successfully. However, the one you mentioned above now contains Febreze and is NOT safe for your Scooba....
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1917&start=240#p125981

Good luck,

Philip
phreich

Postby Xamindar » July 1st, 2015, 12:06 am

piokrza wrote:I noted that they unfortunately discontinued the old "natural enzyme formula" which was more in bottle than this new "hard floor cleaner concentrate" bottle. And was cheaper too. Sad. :(

If they discontinued it then what am I supposed to use in my Scooba 230 now?

Isn't this the same stuff anyway? http://www.amazon.com/Naturally-Its-Cle ... 672&sr=1-1
Xamindar
Robot Addict

Postby piokrza » July 1st, 2015, 4:18 pm

Xamindar wrote:If they discontinued it then what am I supposed to use in my Scooba 230 now?

You are supposed to just use "hard floor cleaner concentrate" in white bottle.

EDIT: I want the Natural Enzyme Formula back!!
piokrza
Robot Master

Postby rikisoft » September 22nd, 2015, 9:54 am

Hello to everybody,
I have a scooba 390, what kind of alternative to the very very expensive clorox cleaner liquid can i find in Italy (or online in Europe) ?
Regards and thanks to everybody
Riccardo
rikisoft

Postby phreich » September 22nd, 2015, 4:09 pm

rikisoft wrote:Hello to everybody,
I have a scooba 390, what kind of alternative to the very very expensive clorox cleaner liquid can i find in Italy (or online in Europe) ?
Regards and thanks to everybody
Riccardo

If you read the thread, you would have gotten your answer in the first posting: "The brand Don Limpio is known as mister proper, meister proper , Mr Propre in other countries ".

This brand is known as Mr. Clean in the US and Canada. Just make sure they haven't added "Febreze" to the solution as it clogs up Scooba's internal parts. About 2 tablespoons (not sure how many ml that is, but you can look up the conversion) should be enough per tank to work.

Good Luck,

Philip
phreich

Postby rikisoft » September 23rd, 2015, 2:49 am

Thanks a lot Philip!
That brand in Italy is Mastro Lindo, with my previous Scooba 5900 i used it, but not all the times it worked (a lot of error messages), so it is sure now that Mastro Lindo without Feebreze works with Scooba 390 ?
rikisoft

Postby rikisoft » September 28th, 2015, 12:31 pm

Hello, this cleaner Mastro Lindo aqua active is it correct and without Febreze ? https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/27750790/Mastro%20lindo%201.jpg

The ingredients are this : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/27750790/Mastro%20lindo%202.jpg

I used that with my previous Scooba but i think it might damaged the inside parts, i don't wanna do it if not sure with the new one.

Where i can buy online the Sure equivalent for Scooba 390 in Europe with shipping to Italy ?

Regards,
Riccardo
rikisoft

Postby glnc222 » June 10th, 2019, 5:35 pm

Of possible interest might be Hoover "citrus & sage" Multi-Surface "sealed floors and area rugs" cleaner for their powered floor scrubber appliances, in 32oz bottles around $8, to be diluted 2oz per quart of cleaning fluid. Apparently not for stone floors (not sealed). Whether other scents sold unknown, this was in Walmart. I sense only a mild fragrance. Makers of these new generation of powered brush and water extracting corded stick floor cleaners supply cleaning solutions for them, such as Bissell besides Hoover. The Hoover actually specifies the dilution amount while Bissell just refers to marks on the machine tank, which looked more dilute to me in a very rough estimate. As made for their cleaning machines such material might be compatible with the similar washing robots.
glnc222
Robot Master

Previous

Return to iRobot Roomba and Scooba Chat