Roomba 980 - Strange Behavior When Bin is Full

The very latest news and updates for the iRobot Roomba robotic vacuum, the Scooba Robotic Washer and the Dirt Dog workshop sweeper. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

Roomba 980 - Strange Behavior When Bin is Full

Postby joshland1990 » October 27th, 2016, 6:54 pm

Hello,

I recently bought a Roomba 980 and am loving it so far.

That being said I'm seeing a strange issue which even iRobot support seems to be stumped on. There is a setting on the app called "Finish Cleaning When Bin Is Full." I live with a large fluffy Samoyed dog, so I have this setting set to "off," that way, the Roomba will return to Home Base when full, pause itself so I can empty it, and then the Roomba is supposed to "continue" its job, picking up where it left off.

However, in my experience, every time the Roomba becomes full, it gives me the "full bin" notification and returns to Home Base (so far so good), but then upon self-docking, it ends the job completely. It doesn't pause at all; rather, it shows up as a "cancelled job" on the app, and when I clear the bin, it restarts its cleaning cycle completely. No resuming or picking up where it left off - it just starts the entire apartment over again.

Has anyone had this issue or can give me pointers as to why this is happening? Does anyone else's Roomba follow this behavior? Thanks in advance.
joshland1990

Re: Roomba 980 - Strange Behavior When Bin is Full

Postby a1robotrepair » November 10th, 2016, 8:33 pm

The behavior you describe is what I considered normal. I set my app to finish cleaning bin full ON. iRobot should update the software to not completed when "bin full" OFF. 600 hours and going strong...about half of that is recharging time to finish job. Think they should also change to actual run time in HISTORY.
Roses are red Violets are blue Poems are hard Flowers and Chocolate
http://www.daycounter.com/Calculators/
a1robotrepair
Robot Master

Re: Roomba 980 - Strange Behavior When Bin is Full

Postby Lmckenzie » July 30th, 2017, 6:34 pm

I got my Roomba 980 in May and it does the same thing. It has been driving me crazy because I am never sure if it completed the job. If it didn't, chances are it never will get completely finished cleaning because it always cancels itself when the bin is full (usually after I have emptied it once prior to this). This needs to be clarified/corrected since I'm never sure if it completed its job since it says "canceled" and not "complete". I also wish it would not always start in the same area, but maybe rotate starting positions in the house so that I feel more confident the areas on the "end" of the route are getting cleaned as well as that at the beginning.
Lmckenzie

Return to iRobot Roomba and Scooba Chat