roomba dead on battery change

The very latest news and updates for the iRobot Roomba robotic vacuum, the Scooba Robotic Washer and the Dirt Dog workshop sweeper. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

roomba dead on battery change

Postby browns roomba » July 16th, 2017, 1:07 am

hi all. newbie here looking for some help to see if I can resurrect a Roomba 537. when I put in the new battery, nothing happened, and nothing has happened since. no charging, no noises, no nothing. the battery is an aftermarket one but I have bought a few things from this supplier and they were fine including another battery for another 537 at the same time which worked fine.
both old batteries were low but not completely extinct. but nothing happens even putting the 'old' battery back in.
I would love any suggestions to solve problem. I am too scared to take battery out of the working one as I'm afraid the same thing might happen then both gone.
ive seen some information about lithium batteries but if it does nothing on this battery why would it charge a lithium battery?
thanks in advance, kaye
browns roomba

Re: roomba dead on battery change

Postby TechGuy » July 16th, 2017, 2:48 am

Take the battery out and check the battery contacts at the bottom of the battery compartment for corrosion.
Pull the spring contacts up a bit to ensure good battery contact.
Charging battery directly: 400 Series, 500 Series,. How to Desolder
For Sale: Black CHM 2 Ball Bearings set
TechGuy
Robot Addict

Postby browns roomba » July 16th, 2017, 2:58 am

yes done that. and since posting got brave and took charged battery out of working Roomba and tried it in 'dead' one but nothing.
any other suggestions?
thanks so much, k
browns roomba

Postby a1robotrepair » July 16th, 2017, 1:56 pm

The first post in this thread will let you know if your PCA is worth trouble shooting.
http://www.robotreviews.com/chat/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=19819
Roses are red Violets are blue Poems are hard Flowers and Chocolate
http://www.daycounter.com/Calculators/
a1robotrepair
Robot Master

Postby browns roomba » July 17th, 2017, 5:28 am

wow. its like another language!
thank you. I'm in Australia on different time zone I think. ill try to understand that when I'm not quite so tired. thank you very much for your suggestion
kaye
browns roomba

Postby browns roomba » July 18th, 2017, 10:03 pm

i have looked at that thread thank you a1robotrepair but I cant understand it at all. I consider myself to be fairly handy but I don't think I can go looking at the computer board. I wouldn't have the equipment anyway.
why would a Roomba working perfectly one minute just die when the battery was changed?
I think I need an a1robotrepair person here in Sydney.
if you have any other suggestions I would love to hear them
thank you, kaye
browns roomba

Return to iRobot Roomba and Scooba Chat