Roomba 790 multiple issues dirt detect and sudden stop

The very latest news and updates for the iRobot Roomba robotic vacuum, the Scooba Robotic Washer and the Dirt Dog workshop sweeper. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

Roomba 790 multiple issues dirt detect and sudden stop

Postby Keithbeats » August 20th, 2017, 3:59 pm

Can anyone help me troubleshoot these? I refurbished this one myself, but did not open it up to the PCM. I just cleaned the whole Roomba and cleaned out any particles in the gear box. I notice while running it will give up and stop with the "all finished sound" instead of finding the charging station. The other problem is that it over does the Dirt Detect technology and instead of going with the "back and forth" motion, it goes in circles. The magnifying glass is on much more than my Roomba 770. So the question is, why doesn't it go "back and forth" and instead does circles, why is it using the magnifying glass so often and why will it end its mission without really finishing and why won't it at least go to the charging station. (it does recognize it) thanks anyone who replies to this messy post.
Keithbeats

Re: Roomba 790 multiple issues dirt detect and sudden stop

Postby vic7767 » August 20th, 2017, 4:42 pm

Pressing the Spot button for 5 seconds will toggle the Dirt Detect mode from "Arc" (circle) to up and down. You need to run the BiTs program (Built in Tests) to help determine the issues with your 790.
Roomba and Neato Mods, come visit: http://www.vic7767.com/

http://www.Robot-Doc.com/
vic7767
Robot Master

Re: Roomba 790 multiple issues dirt detect and sudden stop

Postby Keithbeats » August 21st, 2017, 11:40 am

Thanks for the help! Going to do the BiTs right now.
Keithbeats

Return to iRobot Roomba and Scooba Chat