Roomba 980 Features

The very latest news and updates for the iRobot Roomba robotic vacuum, the Scooba Robotic Washer and the Dirt Dog workshop sweeper. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

Roomba 980 Features

Postby mqguy » August 26th, 2017, 7:45 pm

Hi,

We are very recent owners of a Roomba 980 and we are hoping that some experts on here could put us straight.

We have a fairly large house and want to be able to set the Roomba to do its thing for a couple of hours each day and have it continue where it left off the next day. Can it do that ? The only options we see in the schedule is just being able to say what time to start cleaning. We don't see anywhere where you can set 'core hours' - for example run from 10am - 11am and from 3pm - 4pm.

We don't, for example, want the Roomba doing its thing in the evening or at night when the noise would be annoying.

Thanks,
P.
mqguy

Re: Roomba 980 Features

Postby vic7767 » August 26th, 2017, 8:13 pm

You can only schedule a single start cleaning event once per day. Run times are based on how large an area to clean is and the number of battery recharge events that are necessary to complete the job. Total run time is not controlled by the owner/operator. You can break up cleaning areas into smaller sections using the Virtual wall accessories. That will shorten cleaning run times based on the smaller cleaning area.
Roomba and Neato Mods, come visit: http://www.vic7767.com/

http://www.Robot-Doc.com/
vic7767
Robot Master

Postby mqguy » August 29th, 2017, 7:11 am

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. However, I am a little surprised that this feature is not available. It would seem trivial to program. Roomba knows what time it is so it just suspends the cleaning cycle if it reaches a 'stop' time and resumes when it reaches the next start time.

I appreciate that I could use the virtual wall and I could close off various rooms on various days. However, the whole point of having a robot is that it will do all that automatically and I don't have to worry about it. The only thing I should have to do is empty the bin and, in an ideal world, one wouldn't even need to do that. In the future it will surely empty itself into some sort of hopper.

Cheers,
Paul.
mqguy

Postby JackMayyam » September 6th, 2017, 11:13 pm

I think it's actually nice that we get to have that feature!! To lessen the task on our end. You might be interested in exploring other Roomba 980's other features and flaws at the same time. You can read more of it. For now, i think we can just pick it up and press the big “Clean” button in the middle or schedule it.
JackMayyam

Return to iRobot Roomba and Scooba Chat