A question about dock stations...

The very latest news and updates for the iRobot Roomba robotic vacuum, the Scooba Robotic Washer and the Dirt Dog workshop sweeper. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

A question about dock stations...

Postby I_Like_to_tinker » September 3rd, 2017, 11:59 pm

So I bought a roomba 860 on ebay the other day, my understanding is it uses a lithium ion battery. I have a roomba integrated docking station (model 17070 copyright 2008-2015) that came with a 630 from ebay. It has a warning about not using with non-NiMh batteries is that just FUD or not? I also have an older non-integrated docking station from a 530. Would either dock work fine with an 860? I was under the impression that charging behavior for models designed to use lithium-ion had special behavior built into the firmware for lithium ion batteries as long as they are genuine Irobot batteries...
I_Like_to_tinker

Re: A question about dock stations...

Postby a1robotrepair » September 4th, 2017, 7:37 am

The bases all use a switch mode power supplies. All bases will work. The newest bases, integrated, have a more subdued Rcon sender and are heavier. You may have to secure the older base to the floor for newer bots to dock correctly.
Roses are red Violets are blue Poems are hard Flowers and Chocolate
http://www.daycounter.com/Calculators/
a1robotrepair
Robot Master

Return to iRobot Roomba and Scooba Chat