Roomba 614 issues with carpet

The very latest news and updates for the iRobot Roomba robotic vacuum, the Scooba Robotic Washer and the Dirt Dog workshop sweeper. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

Roomba 614 issues with carpet

Postby starwarsgeek » December 25th, 2017, 8:37 pm

We just purchased a Roomba 614. It worked perfectly, transitioning from our kitchen tile to our hardwood living room floor, and even up onto the large 8x10 area rug we have. For 3 days. Now, suddenly, it won't go up onto the carpet. I called customer service, and they told me that since the carpet is a B&W zebra pattern that the Roomba won't work on it. Really? Even tho it worked on it for 3 days, it just realized it's not supposed to do that?

So.... we tried to cover the cliff sensors. We have no stairs on the 1st floor except for a staircase that leads up, so we shouldn't have to worry about anything. First attempt - blue painters tape. Did nothing. Roomba still stopped at edge of carpet. Second attempt - paper taped over sensors. Now Roomba won't move at all. It just keeps saying "Error 6 - Move Roomba.... " and even after you pick it up and move it, press CLEAN again - error message. I've reset it numerous times, won't work.

Is there another work around to get this thing to run back on the carpet? Why did it run on the carpet for the first few days and then stop? Honestly, I'm about to just return it if I can't get it to work the way it did. For those first 3 days this thing was perfect.

Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.
starwarsgeek

Re: Roomba 614 issues with carpet

Postby vic7767 » December 25th, 2017, 8:48 pm

Head over here: viewtopic.php?t=7933 and see if any of these tips will give you better results.
Roomba and Neato Mods, come visit: http://www.vic7767.com/
vic7767
Robot Master

Re: Roomba 614 issues with carpet

Postby tomasvieira » January 8th, 2018, 7:00 pm

if the roomba presents any defect in the wheels suspension it will not continue to climb carpets
tomasvieira

Return to iRobot Roomba and Scooba Chat