Scooba 380 runs but not laying down water

The very latest news and updates for the iRobot Roomba robotic vacuum, the Scooba Robotic Washer and the Dirt Dog workshop sweeper. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

Scooba 380 runs but not laying down water

Postby poconogal » January 7th, 2018, 2:15 pm

I’ve searched the forum and a lot of the posts that came up were mine from several years back regarding this very same 380. I don’t have time to run BITS right now so I thought maybe somebody could suggest something. I am priming the Scooba with water through the solution inlet and water did come out the bottom. Although I will say that it seemed to have come out in a different spot than I’m used to, i.e. on my countertop on the opposite side from where I expected it. Hmmmm

The last time I tried running the 380, about a month and a half ago, it would turn on, move some and then the green check tank light would come on. That was prior to my replacing the broken tank latch which would not allow me to get the tank open, it was a huge struggle to do so.

Now however the robot turns on and I hear a whirring noise which sounds like the pump to me and then it begins to move. But it does not lay down any water. I am wondering if there is a blockage somewhere? I know the tank is clean because I have always taken meticulous care of my robots. Plus I just had this tank on my 330 I think it is? I just replaced the tank latch yesterday and the other Scooba was running with this tank. The tank is clean. Where else could there be a blockage Or could it be something else?
Connie

The robot did it...
poconogal
Robot Addict

Re: Scooba 380 runs but not laying down water

Postby vic7767 » January 7th, 2018, 6:41 pm

Running the Bits with the tank mounted will be the best test of the water pump motor. You should expect water to exit above each end of the cleaning brush.
Roomba and Neato Mods, come visit: http://www.vic7767.com/

http://www.Robot-Doc.com/
vic7767
Robot Master

Re: Scooba 380 runs but not laying down water

Postby poconogal » January 7th, 2018, 6:54 pm

vic7767 wrote:Running the Bits with the tank mounted will be the best test of the water pump motor. You should expect water to exit above each end of the cleaning brush.

It’s only coming out on one side when priming. With the butt of the scooba facing me it’s coming out on the left side. And nowhere else. The working scuba has water coming out when priming generally underneath the Scooba not just on one side. After the scooba was running on the floor without putting down water, I shut it off, took the tank out, and lifted the body and water poured out from the front. So water is going someplace. And I think probably not in a good place.

I also received a check brush message. I remove the brush, inspected it and put it back in the unit and the message went away. Never received that message in prior attempts to run this 380.

When I have time I am going to run the BITS, especially for my 380 because I would like to get that up and running again. Provided of course that water hasn’t run into someplace bad and ruined it. The weird thing is that I had just used it about two months ago and it worked perfectly fine.
Connie

The robot did it...
poconogal
Robot Addict

Return to iRobot Roomba and Scooba Chat