Roomba 960 No mapping and no wifi control when not home

The very latest news and updates for the iRobot Roomba robotic vacuum, the Scooba Robotic Washer and the Dirt Dog workshop sweeper. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

Roomba 960 No mapping and no wifi control when not home

Postby downsizin » January 12th, 2018, 8:39 pm

Hello,

I have the Roomba 960. When I am at home logged in under my wifi I can control it fine. But when I am not home and using my phone data it says it cannot connect to the cloud. The mapping has never worked. These were the two main reasons we bought it.

Under wifi settings connectivity status it says server unreachable : 7

I tried customer service they sucked and said they would call me back in 48 hours. That was five days ago.
Please help I love my roomba and he works great but I want to use his full potential.

Thank you
downsizin

Re: Roomba 960 No mapping and no wifi control when not home

Postby waorb » January 16th, 2018, 1:09 pm

downsizin wrote:Under wifi settings connectivity status it says server unreachable : 7

Same here.

Clean Map was working fine until that 'server unreachable' behavior. All infos from the cloud are missing from the App.

Anyone with the same symptom?

Cheers!
waorb

Postby downsizin » January 16th, 2018, 3:29 pm

I am so happy I am not the only one having this problem! It seems like I am going to have to contact support but they are so dumb it seems like a waste of time.
downsizin

Postby waorb » January 17th, 2018, 6:32 am

Sometimes I gave them a lucky shot and follow their instructions just to know how far they will go... usually the problem isn't resolved...

Meanwhile, last night my 960 automagically updated himself to firmware 2.4.4-4 (the App still on 2.5.0).

The online software release notes shows:

------------------------------------------------
Version 2.4
Release Date: 2018.01.11
Wi-Fi coverage map Beta (North America only).
Improvements in navigation and Wi-Fi connectivity.
Bug fixes and usability improvements.
------------------------------------------------

All cloud services are working again, and the 'server unreachable' error on WiFi tab was gone also.

The only issue right now is that the last CleanMap (from yesterday cleaning) is not showing on the proper tab.
(the previous ones are there)

Cheers!
waorb

Return to iRobot Roomba and Scooba Chat