Which Roomba is the gentlest to furniture/floors?

The very latest news and updates for the iRobot Roomba robotic vacuum, the Scooba Robotic Washer and the Dirt Dog workshop sweeper. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

Which Roomba is the gentlest to furniture/floors?

Postby CarpetUFO » January 13th, 2018, 1:10 pm

Hi guys and gals I'm new to the forums and need some help picking out a Roomba. So I have two questions:

The problem is I live in an old house with some delicate furniture and interiors, so I need a Roomba that doesn't bang up all the furniture and walls. Which Roomba series is the gentlest?

I originally wanted a Neato since I've heard they are gentler, but reading about all the quality control issues scared me off. Is the Roomba more durable than the Neato or are they about the same?
CarpetUFO

Re: Which Roomba is the gentlest to furniture/floors?

Postby susantx3 » January 13th, 2018, 5:57 pm

Poor Quality Control is your friend, just buy an extended warranty or purchase from a store with easy return policy. I beta tested at least 30 units for free or close to free for years. Unfortunately, Neatos have become more reliable and I have multiple units they may last past the 3 year extended warranty. The newer Roomba models have sensors to stop most hard knocks, but to be safe and a strip of the soft side of Velcro to the bumper

I would not use any robot vacuum in an area with furniture that could not be scuffed and scratched, without taking alot of precautions, and even then the robot will do all it can to go where you do not want it to go.
susantx3
Robot Groupie

Return to iRobot Roomba and Scooba Chat