Roomba cloud services down?

The very latest news and updates for the iRobot Roomba robotic vacuum, the Scooba Robotic Washer and the Dirt Dog workshop sweeper. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

Roomba cloud services down?

Postby abeasom » July 6th, 2018, 3:59 pm

Whenever I open the iRobot app on my iPhone I get the red globe icon for a few seconds, then it goes away and looks like it's functioning as it should. However, I have no map reports available, the Robot birthday date just spins and it no longer links to my Echo devices. I have removed the robot and re-added, did a factory reset and reset my router all to no avail. The robot shows that it is online and pulls an IP and I can control it from my phone from inside my house on the same network. I called iRobot and they are looking into the issue. Anyone else having problems with their robot's cloud service. I have a 980 running 2.4.6-3
abeasom

Re: Roomba cloud services down?

Postby JCP » July 6th, 2018, 5:27 pm

I'm having the exact same issue. I kept getting the message the icloud was unavailable. Resetting the modem was pointless. When I tried to take the Roomba back to factory settings from the App, all I could get was a flashing screen and couldn't do it that way. I then deleted the App and downloaded it again. That was a bad decision since now it will not connect to the app at all. The screen now says "Failed to add Robot". Mine is a 980 also with the latest update.
JCP

Postby abeasom » July 6th, 2018, 5:40 pm

I installed app and reinstalled too. I was however able to add my robot back to the app. At least they know about the issue. They're supposed to call me back Monday with a solution.
abeasom

Postby JCP » July 6th, 2018, 5:44 pm

Thanks for the update. Sorry you are having trouble also, but maybe that means it isn't us!
JCP

Postby JCP » July 6th, 2018, 8:08 pm

I got mine working.
- I unplugged the base for about 5 minutes. Don't know if this mattered but decided to do it anyway.
-I did the factory reset on the Roomba itself by holding down all 3 buttons at the same time.
It tells you how on this page:https://homesupport.irobot.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9047/~/how-to-factory-reset-a-wi-fi-connected-roomba.
-Then deleted the app again and re-downloaded it and started from the beginning as if I was setting it up for the first time.
Everything connected after all of that.
JCP

Postby abeasom » July 6th, 2018, 8:24 pm

Did you do the factory reset with the base plugged in or while it was unplugged?
abeasom

Postby JCP » July 6th, 2018, 9:45 pm

I did it while the base was still plugged in....I think. I really can't remember, now that I'm thinking about it.
Not sure if it would matter, however.
JCP

Postby abeasom » July 8th, 2018, 9:04 am

I was able to get mine working again too but it still won't link with Alexa. Every time I try to enable to Alexa skill it routes me to the webpage and says Please log in to your iRobot home account. An error has occurred.
I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling both iRobot and Alexa app, I even made a new account with different e-mail address on iRobot website and it still won't link. No idea what's going on. It worked great for several months.
abeasom

Return to iRobot Roomba and Scooba Chat