roomba 650 main brushes not turning on

The very latest news and updates for the iRobot Roomba robotic vacuum, the Scooba Robotic Washer and the Dirt Dog workshop sweeper. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

roomba 650 main brushes not turning on

Postby billyrb » July 8th, 2018, 12:39 pm

I have a Roomba 650 that the main brushes stopped working. I replaced the main brush head with the same issue, and shortly after found the service manual and went through the diagnostic procedure. The brushes will turn on when I go through the manual diagnostic feature for test number 16. They will run for a few seconds if I don't apply any resistance and then automatically stopped turning. If I apply resistance they will slow down and as soon as I let go it will run continuously during the rest of the test. Does anyone know why the brand new head would work perfectly during the test but not during normal operation?
billyrb

Re: roomba 650 main brushes not turning on

Postby vic7767 » July 8th, 2018, 1:56 pm

That test also includes a brush stall test. It's possible that after the stall test the brushes start up in the opposite direction which is the second part of the cleaning brush H-bridge evaluation. You could tell more if you monitor the SCI port output using terminal monitor software like "putty".
Roomba and Neato Mods, come visit: http://www.vic7767.com/
vic7767
Robot Master

Return to iRobot Roomba and Scooba Chat