Laminate Hardwood - Bristle Brush vs. Debris Extractors

The very latest news and updates for the iRobot Roomba robotic vacuum, the Scooba Robotic Washer and the Dirt Dog workshop sweeper. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

Laminate Hardwood - Bristle Brush vs. Debris Extractors

Postby grandamemt » July 28th, 2018, 6:54 pm

Has anyone compared the cleaning abilities of the brushes in the 600 series to that of the extractors in the 900 series on hard floors? Most of my home is laminate wood, with only the two bedrooms being carpet. I've got a 671 that I'm happy with but am considering returning it for a 980 for the increase power and better cleaning patterns but don't want to end up with a cleaning mechanism that isn't as effective.

TIA for your suggestions!
grandamemt

Re: Laminate Hardwood - Bristle Brush vs. Debris Extractors

Postby ps0001 » July 28th, 2018, 9:34 pm

I have Roombas with both types of apparatuses and I think the rubber extractors clean just as well, if not better than, the brushes. This reviewer from IEEE thinks the extractors are slightly less efficient at removing pet hair from carpet:

https://spectrum.ieee.org/automaton/rob ... aintenance

I have all tile and laminate flooring, with just one or two area rugs, and the extractors do the job fine. I'll go over the rugs with an upright vacuum about once a week, but I had to do that with the Roomba using brushes too. Plus, as a pet owner, the ease of cleaning the extractors is a real game changer.
ps0001

Return to iRobot Roomba and Scooba Chat