AeroVac Comb Bin Door Mod

The very latest news and updates for the iRobot Roomba robotic vacuum, the Scooba Robotic Washer and the Dirt Dog workshop sweeper. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

AeroVac Comb Bin Door Mod

Postby ps0001 » July 28th, 2018, 9:44 pm

I just came across this upgrade for the AeroVac bins. I haven't seen it discussed here, so I wanted to share it with you all:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Roomba-iRo ... 2886148533

I haven't tried it yet, but it looks like a great idea. My only gripe about the AeroVac CHM is the tendency for the brush to get clogged with hair, pet fur, and other fibers. Hopefully this part, which is a hair-catching toothed replacement for the standard bin door, partially alleviates that problem.
ps0001

Re: AeroVac Comb Bin Door Mod

Postby leonicholson » July 29th, 2018, 12:57 pm

Note that it does not comb the brush itself. I have to still clean the brush, but the comb catches some of the longer stuff.
leonicholson
Robot Groupie

Re: AeroVac Comb Bin Door Mod

Postby ps0001 » July 29th, 2018, 2:09 pm

Thanks for replying--it's good to hear from someone that has one! I didn't expect it to remove all hair from the brush, but I hoped it would do exactly what you described.

I have a 9xx series Roomba with the AeroForce system now--which I love--but this part would've been useful for my 530 when it was on house cleaning duty. I'm thinking about retiring the 530 to the garage/shop, which doesn't have so much hair/fur.
ps0001

Return to iRobot Roomba and Scooba Chat