should I check FETS? error 3 and now error 2

The very latest news and updates for the iRobot Roomba robotic vacuum, the Scooba Robotic Washer and the Dirt Dog workshop sweeper. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

should I check FETS? error 3 and now error 2

Postby hevenko » September 14th, 2018, 5:32 pm

Hi,

I was reading Gordon's post about testing them FETs and tought that this is the solution but then error turned to error 2 and now i'm just not sure. In short, roomba started to read error 3 (with lady pronouncing it), so i took it to my friend to test the battery. His roomba started to charge my battery with no error and it vacuumed a while too. His battery in my roomba produced error 3. I let my roomba rest for a couple of day's taking the battery out, now when I put the batt back in, my roomba barely makes a sound and says error 2, so I tested it again in a friends roomba and the battery is charging - all ok. After reading the Gordons post: viewtopic.php?t=14402 I decided to give this a go, so here is my roomba taken apart. What's bugging me is should i pursue with FET testing regardless of my roomba now giving me error 2

roombaUP.jpg
roomba up

roombaDOWN.jpeg
hevenko

Re: should I check FETS? error 3 and now error 2

Postby mfortuna » September 15th, 2018, 7:14 am

The FET testing pertains to the older 400 series Roombas. A1robotrepair may have written something up for later models.
Mike
Reds x 3, Dirt Dog, Disco (now a parts bot), Create, Scooba 350, and Security Dawg
Evolution Mint
Neato XV-11
Shark Ion 750
mfortuna
Robot Master

Return to iRobot Roomba and Scooba Chat