960 not covering entire floor lately

The very latest news and updates for the iRobot Roomba robotic vacuum, the Scooba Robotic Washer and the Dirt Dog workshop sweeper. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

960 not covering entire floor lately

Postby terminator9 » September 19th, 2018, 11:28 pm

I have had this 960 since February of this year. It sits on my main floor which is an open floor concept of kitchen, living room, dining room and family room with a total of about 1200 square feet. It ran good for the first few months - started 6 am every morning, cleaned about half the house, charged, then cleaned the rest and docked itself. I could see in the maps that the whole floor is being covered. Runtime used to be 1 hour 30 minutes-1 hour 45 minutes. Everything is hardwood with 1 area rug under the dining table. There is no doors to go through.

Issue started happening on August 25th when the runtime reduced to 25 minutes. It is not stuck, just calls it done in 25 minutes and goes back. Bin is clean. I can see in the maps that is not covering the entire floor and does not go to all parts of the floor. Once in blue moon (once about 1-2 weeks), it does go back to the original schedule and runs for 1 hour and 30 minutes covering the entire floor. There has been no new furniture added to block it's path. I can't tell if the same areas are being missed every day but it seems random as far as the areas where it misses.

Any idea what is happening? Did a new software update do anything to cause it to not cover the full floor every day?
terminator9

Re: 960 not covering entire floor lately

Postby vic7767 » September 20th, 2018, 12:14 am

One thing that happens on these Lithium cells is that just one cell will go bad and limit the battery capacity resulting in short run times.

Everyone running a 980 is on the same firmware version. I don't see that happening on the 980 here.
Roomba and Neato Mods, come visit: http://www.vic7767.com/
vic7767
Robot Master

Re: 960 not covering entire floor lately

Postby terminator9 » September 21st, 2018, 12:19 am

I would still think it would recharge and continue like it did before?
terminator9

Return to iRobot Roomba and Scooba Chat