IRobot 980 docking problems

The very latest news and updates for the iRobot Roomba robotic vacuum, the Scooba Robotic Washer and the Dirt Dog workshop sweeper. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

IRobot 980 docking problems

Postby chichigirl46 » September 25th, 2018, 11:23 pm

I have had my robot replaced 5 times due to not being able to dock & path not blocked, dying in the middle of the floor after running about 5min’s to 35 min’s, these have been major problems after first purchase running great for about 6 months until an app update. Now my robot being replaced 5 times all with the same problems until this last August app update my robot could dock and clean the whole house, thought my problem has finally been fixed, todays app update caused the robot not being able to dock again. This is so aggravating because IRobot customer service will not except that it is their app updates causing these problems and telling me it is environment problem in my home, well then why did my first purchase ran 6 months great until their app’s updates. Anyone else having this problem or have a solution to this docking problem?
chichigirl46

Re: IRobot 980 docking problems

Postby RTC » September 26th, 2018, 7:57 am

chichigirl46 wrote:Anyone else having this problem or have a solution to this docking problem?

You don't by any chance have the Home Base plugged into a UPS or other type of "power converter"?
I started getting random intermittent failures to return home when I moved my 980 into another room and inadvertently plugged into the UPS that was in the room. Customer service repeatedly denied that there could be any problem running on a UPS. However I eventually found the warning (in the Battery section) not to plug into any type of "power converter". Plugged directly into the wall or a surge suppressor the 980 works perfectly.

P.S. I cannot run the app as I don't have a smartphone.
RTC

Return to iRobot Roomba and Scooba Chat