roomba i7 cloud issues

The very latest news and updates for the iRobot Roomba robotic vacuum, the Scooba Robotic Washer and the Dirt Dog workshop sweeper. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

Re: roomba i7 cloud issues

Postby Starman62 » October 11th, 2018, 5:09 pm

I called iroomba about the serial # not matching and no iCloud. No maps.i was told either this Sunday the 14th or Monday the 16th they would have a new software fix they will push out to fix this problem. If by Monday they haven't fix this I'll take this one back and get another one. This is crazy.
Starman62

Postby LagunaJim » October 12th, 2018, 11:48 pm

I did a chat with tech support this morning (Friday) and they acted like the software fix was already out, and that I needed to wait 24 hours for my robot to get it.

As is sometimes the case, I (the customer) knows the equipment better than the support staff. There is no update pending for download for my device - I'm on 1.2.7 and no update is pending. This surprises me because in my limited interaction with iRobot they've always been pretty cool.

One of you folks mentioned the update is due to be out on Sunday or Monday -- I'll be hopeful that will resolve, but stupid that the agent today told me the update was already a done deal.

/jim

ps the i7 is overall off-the-hook awesome!
LagunaJim

Postby ps0001 » October 13th, 2018, 3:21 am

I came across this by chance. It looks like new firmware was indeed released yesterday (October 12th): https://homesupport.irobot.com/app/answ ... /i7%20base

I imagine you'll be getting 1.4.1 within the next couple of days.
ps0001
Robot Addict

Postby ctnguye3 » October 13th, 2018, 5:39 am

I tried to update the Roomba today, it shows the update available (as usual) but this time when I click on it, it redirects me back to the home screen of the app. In the past, I would be prompted with the update screen and spinning animation waiting for the update to download.
ctnguye3

Postby wat » October 13th, 2018, 8:12 am

was curious how they were gonna be able to apply a patch to something whos main problem is it wont join their cloud network nor accept a patch.
wat

Postby LagunaJim » October 13th, 2018, 11:25 am

I was curious about the same thing. 24 hours ago they asked me to wait 24 hours for it to update.

It has not updated. When I check the "About" it says I have the latest software.

Gonna contact irobot now.
LagunaJim

Postby LagunaJim » October 13th, 2018, 11:53 am

Wow - ok, so just finished a chat with iRobot. I am advised not to use my robot for up to a week - it just has to sit there like an $800 brick until the update manages to get to it. Here's the crux of the chat:

Abigail: James, I understand how you feel. Currently, we are working on the update. You should be able to receive that within the coming week. Since there are other customer who is currently waiting on the same update, we cannot give you an exact date as to when the update will come to your robot. That's why, at this time we're recommending the robot remains on the charger. When the update is successful, you would get a prompt to re add your robot to the app.

James: So don't use it until the update happens.

Abigail J.: That's all we ask. If you use the robot the update will be interrupted.
LagunaJim

Postby LagunaJim » October 13th, 2018, 12:10 pm

...just received a follow-up email to my chat - with this:

" An email was sent to all our customers reported, experiencing this behavior. We're do apologize if you haven't received it.

We know you must be really excited to use your new helper. However, as conversed earlier, please allow your robot to remain on the charger in an area with good wifi coverage this coming week. As soon as the update is received, you would get a prompt to re-add your robot to the app. Please select on that option and follow the directions that follows. "
LagunaJim

Postby ctnguye3 » October 13th, 2018, 12:40 pm

This is getting ridiculous, why don't they just push the update to the app and allow us to install it.

We do have control of the i7 when we're on our local network using the app so I would think it makes sense to have the app push the update to our Roomba using our local network instead of waiting/depending on them to push via the cloud...which I don't even see how that's possible when we can't even access the cloud.
ctnguye3

Postby LagunaJim » October 13th, 2018, 12:54 pm

At this point it seems we have nothing to do but follow the instructions I was given a short time ago...

Host my $800 brick until it updates. And wonder if they have it under control or if they're freaking out behind closed doors..

I've owned Roombas before -- this one is remarkable in its quiet operation AND self-emptying :)
LagunaJim

Postby Robing212 » October 13th, 2018, 4:57 pm

I contacted client services as well. I was told that the first step was to update the app to 3.0.4. He then said the second step would be for the update to roll out in the next few days. So it sounds like it shouldn't be too much longer.
Robing212

Postby Stevew5505 » October 13th, 2018, 5:37 pm

Same problem here. So do I need to call them to get on some sort of push update list, or will it go to everyone?

Just looked. Robot serial number does not match the one shown in the app.
Last edited by Stevew5505 on October 13th, 2018, 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stevew5505

Postby LagunaJim » October 13th, 2018, 5:38 pm

Everybody gets it automatically - not sure why that’s done in stages.. there can’t be enough in circulation to crash a server..
LagunaJim

Postby ctnguye3 » October 13th, 2018, 6:27 pm

Question for all of you with the cloud issue, when you click the "About Roomba" -> "Robot Software", does it automatically redirect to the "Setup is complete!" screen? It used to take me to the "There's a new software update for Roomba" with the "Update" button disable and spinning animation, I no longer get that screen.
ctnguye3

Postby LagunaJim » October 13th, 2018, 6:29 pm

“About” takes me to a screen with robot birthday, software version (currently 1.2.7 waiting for 1.4.1 !!) and the serial number.
LagunaJim

Postby ctnguye3 » October 13th, 2018, 6:34 pm

LagunaJim wrote:“About” takes me to a screen with robot birthday, software version (currently 1.2.7 waiting for 1.4.1 !!) and the serial number.

On the "About" screen, when you click "Robot Software", are you redirected to the "Setup is complete" screen or does it take you to the "There's a new software update for Roomba" with the "Update" button disable and spinning animation? Thanks
ctnguye3

Postby LagunaJim » October 13th, 2018, 6:42 pm

This is what I get.

If yours is different I winder was yours ever successfully registered electronically with their cloud?

I’ve had mine for a couple of weeks already, before this issue appeared.

I was good to go - then the cloud deal failed a few days ago.
Attachments
07A8BFAF-4912-4502-B790-02CEAC6B9897.png
LagunaJim

Postby ctnguye3 » October 13th, 2018, 6:58 pm

LagunaJim wrote:This is what I get.

If yours is different I winder was yours ever successfully registered electronically with their cloud?

I’ve had mine for a couple of weeks already, before this issue appeared.

I was good to go - then the cloud deal failed a few days ago.

My screen is completely different from yours, I'm assuming like you mentioned, out of the box I wasn't able to register to their cloud, my software is also a lower version then yours ( 1.0.8 ). I have yet to test their "smart" features. :x Thanks for the screenshot.
ctnguye3

Postby LagunaJim » October 13th, 2018, 7:00 pm

[delete]
Last edited by LagunaJim on October 13th, 2018, 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LagunaJim

Postby LagunaJim » October 13th, 2018, 7:01 pm

They’ll get it dialed in. This is my third Roomba over the years - never been disappointed!

And this just shows that all the testing in the world ain’t the same as having a new product in the field.
LagunaJim

PreviousNext

Return to iRobot Roomba and Scooba Chat