Hair issues with the I7

The very latest news and updates for the iRobot Roomba robotic vacuum, the Scooba Robotic Washer and the Dirt Dog workshop sweeper. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

Hair issues with the I7

Postby rotorwash » October 7th, 2018, 11:30 am

So I came across a Youtube video of a guy with both the 980 and a I7. The video shows that the i7 doesn't pick up the hair but just clumps it together and spits it out. He then goes and runs the 980 which vacuums up the hair that the i7 left behind.
He has already sent one I7 back for issues. Anyone else have issues like this?

My first impression was the extractors are not getting the job done or not enough suction. My other thought was that the bin gets clogged up and can't handle large amounts of hair at one time.

Any thoughts?
rotorwash

Re: Hair issues with the I7

Postby todo » October 7th, 2018, 12:11 pm

I just posted on my Stubborn i7... have both he 980 and the i7...
Both remove dog hair the same - I believe i7 is doing a better job of cleaning.
todo

Postby jdong » October 7th, 2018, 2:07 pm

Yeah even the 980 I’ve seen generate clumps of hair on first pass then pick it up on the second or third. I would say valid observation, maybe not the right conclusion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
jdong
Robot Addict

Postby rotorwash » October 7th, 2018, 7:04 pm

rotorwash

Postby ps0001 » October 7th, 2018, 9:49 pm

jdong wrote:Yeah even the 980 I’ve seen generate clumps of hair on first pass then pick it up on the second or third. I would say valid observation, maybe not the right conclusion.

I agree. Occasionally it leaves a clump of hair after the first pass, but it'll pick it up eventually. Overall, I think the i7 does a better job cleaning the area rugs in my house. With the 980, I used to have to touch up the rugs with my Dyson maybe once or twice a week; but with the i7, I haven't needed to do it more than once every two weeks.
ps0001
Robot Addict

Return to iRobot Roomba and Scooba Chat