Roomba i-Series Clean Base Dirt Disposal Bags

The very latest news and updates for the iRobot Roomba robotic vacuum, the Scooba Robotic Washer and the Dirt Dog workshop sweeper. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

Roomba i-Series Clean Base Dirt Disposal Bags

Postby marquesalan » November 9th, 2018, 7:42 am

Has one tried to suck out the dirt from the disposal bags with a shop vac to see if they are able to be reused instead of throwing one more thing into the landfill and saving some money? I am hoping in time some 3rd party comes out with cheaper biodegradable bags.
marquesalan
Robot Addict

Re: Roomba i-Series Clean Base Dirt Disposal Bags

Postby bytemaster0 » November 9th, 2018, 11:45 am

I'm not sure this would work long-term, as the shop vac will have a difficult time getting all the fine dust out of the bag, which is probably reducing its performance anyway. Plus, this sets up a rather funny vacuuming a vacuuming vacuum cycle. :) Definitely hoping that 3rd party bags come soon, though efficiency and quality will always be a question - don't want to ruin the motor on the expensive clean base with fine dust from cheap bags. I've used cheaper filters on my Neatos, and they work perfectly, hope we get high quality bags from a similar provider.

The CleanBase bags are also nearly impossible to obtain, at least form iRobot. Order sat unfulfilled for about 2-3 weeks. Fortunately, Best Buy had them in stock a week ago, and sent them with free shipping. Should work for a while, hopefully.
bytemaster0

Postby marquesalan » November 9th, 2018, 11:54 am

Yeah and for $949 you would think they could throw in a couple extra bags to hold you over until you order can arrive. LOL
marquesalan
Robot Addict

Postby pkadare » November 11th, 2018, 10:08 am

I just got an i7+ last week and it came with one bag in the base unit and an extra one in the box. For average cleaning, according to iRobot, that should be good for 60 bin emptying cycles.
pkadare

Postby marquesalan » November 11th, 2018, 12:28 pm

Oooooohhhh 2 whole bags! That’s a $10 bonus. Lol
My i7+ is on order so when it arrives I can give you an update on cleaning the bag out. This will take me at least a month to determine if it's a wise choice or not.
marquesalan
Robot Addict

Postby Wrentham636 » Yesterday, 4:19 pm

Have a mod to the included bag that us working very well. I don't see a disposable bag purchase in my future.
Wrentham636

Postby marquesalan » Yesterday, 4:39 pm

Have a mod?
marquesalan
Robot Addict

Postby Wrentham636 » Today, 7:23 pm

Hotglued a 7inch zipper to the bag. I glued the zipper first, then cut the bag if that makes sense. Less issues getting the zipper to line up right. I've been cleaning our house every day for the last two weeks, no issues. Emptied the bag three times so far. Looks a little rough but, its a dirt bag so...

Meant to say Hot-glued. Just standard hotglue gun...

bag.GIF
bag.GIF (36.45 KiB) Viewed 28 times
Wrentham636

Return to iRobot Roomba and Scooba Chat