Roomba 550 Charge error 5 After new battery install

The very latest news and updates for the iRobot Roomba robotic vacuum, the Scooba Robotic Washer and the Dirt Dog workshop sweeper. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

Roomba 550 Charge error 5 After new battery install

Postby kasseej » November 13th, 2018, 11:08 pm

My roomba (model 550) would only run for a few minutes before it would die. I purchased a new battery. Installed and put on dock to charge. Thought everything was good but about 20 minutes or so later. It beeped and said "charge error 5". Lights flashing said err 5 on the side. Thought maybe it wasn't getting a good connection with the dock. So I plugged the charger directly into the side of the roomba. Same result. I thought faulty battery. Purchased another battery and same thing. Not sure what is going on. I've had this roomba for several years. I've replaced the battery before and I have never had any trouble like this. Just wondering if maybe by chance I got 2 bad batteries or do I have another problem. Anybody else experience any trouble like this?
kasseej

Re: Roomba 550 Charge error 5 After new battery install

Postby vic7767 » November 13th, 2018, 11:35 pm

Head over here and have a read: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=17136&hilit=charging+err+5
Roomba and Neato Mods, come visit: http://www.vic7767.com/
vic7767
Robot Master

Return to iRobot Roomba and Scooba Chat