Roomba 800 (880) strange issues with dock-charger

The very latest news and updates for the iRobot Roomba robotic vacuum, the Scooba Robotic Washer and the Dirt Dog workshop sweeper. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

Roomba 800 (880) strange issues with dock-charger

Postby Sagrat » November 14th, 2018, 12:19 pm

Hello,

I have a Roomba 880 that I just repaired. I found a cheap replacement board (not tested) on ebay. The previous one has some dysfunctions with motors drivers and I can't find the faulty components.

When I received the new board (4394220) I notice some components was ruined by rust especially D46, D47 and a missing Q62. I took these ones on the old board and place them on the new board. I also have fix some bad traces. These component seems to be a part of power/charge circuit.

After this, the Roomba power UP and works flawlessly but... it has some strange behavior when it's on its dock.

- First, dock's LED does not light up. It's stay to blink status as though there is no robot docked on it. Normally when robot is docked the dock's LED light up.
- however, battery seem to be charge correctly.
- when robot is docked, CLEAN button does not work. It's power up the robot but does not start a cleaning process when I press more than one time.
- cleaning schedule does not work when the robot is docked
- clean button and cleaning schedule work when I remove the robot from the dock.

Some questions :

- why clean button and cleaning schedule task does not work when the robot is docked ?
- what are the specification of D46, D47 and Q62 ?
- Have you a schematic of power / charge circuitry ?

I can provide photos.

Thanks for your help. :wink:
Sagrat

Re: Roomba 800 (880) strange issues with dock-charger

Postby TechGuy » November 16th, 2018, 9:46 am

Roomba is thinking that it is charging using the side jack. This is the reason why Roomba Roomba can't be started on schedule or using clean button.
Charging battery directly: 400 Series, 500 Series,.H-Bridge Repair How to Desolder
TechGuy
Robot Addict

Return to iRobot Roomba and Scooba Chat