Are there any cheaper vacuum cleaner like roomba?

The very latest news and updates for the iRobot Roomba robotic vacuum, the Scooba Robotic Washer and the Dirt Dog workshop sweeper. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

Are there any cheaper vacuum cleaner like roomba?

Postby Glenn » November 15th, 2018, 2:06 am

I'm form MO.Recently,I would like to buy a robotic vacuum and I never have one before.So I search for one in Amazon and I got Roomba 675.But it is little bit expensive.So someone could recommend a cheaper replacement?(under $220).I focus on Ecovacs N79S,Eufy robovac 11s and ILIFE A7 or V8s.Any one could give me some advises?Thanks!
Glenn

Re: Are there any cheaper vacuum cleaner like roomba?

Postby leonicholson » November 15th, 2018, 12:02 pm

leonicholson
Robot Addict

Postby NoJimForHome » November 15th, 2018, 1:04 pm

Glenn, by "MO" do you mean Missouri, or Macao? :)

Like Leon suggested, plenty of used robots in decent shape on eBay. I just picked up a used Roomba 563 for $55 + shipping. All it needed was a good cleaning and a new battery from Amazon. Since I already have a 655 I didn't worry about the 563 not coming with a charger. I wound up putting in a new brush assembly too, but it didn't really *need* that.

Just spend a little time on eBay; plenty of robots under your $220 price point, especially if you're not worried about them being in like-new condition. If you're even the least bit skilled with a screwdriver you can remove & replace a lot of parts on these things. (You can totally disassemble these 5xx/6xx with a #0, #1, and #2 Phillips head screwdrivers.)
NoJimForHome

Postby Brett » November 16th, 2018, 12:47 am

For sure! A decent used Roomba is waay better than any of those cheapies!

I had a customer tell me "But I don't need a Mercedes, I just need a Corolla..." to which I replied "The Roomba *IS* the Corolla. In comparison, those cheapies would be like a Tuk-Tuk with a bling plastic body over it... "

(-8
Time flies like an arrow.
Fruit flies like a banana!
Brett
Robot Addict

Postby Glenn » November 18th, 2018, 11:02 pm

NoJimForHome wrote:Glenn, by "MO" do you mean Missouri, or Macao? :)

Like Leon suggested, plenty of used robots in decent shape on eBay. I just picked up a used Roomba 563 for $55 + shipping. All it needed was a good cleaning and a new battery from Amazon. Since I already have a 655 I didn't worry about the 563 not coming with a charger. I wound up putting in a new brush assembly too, but it didn't really *need* that.

Just spend a little time on eBay; plenty of robots under your $220 price point, especially if you're not worried about them being in like-new condition. If you're even the least bit skilled with a screwdriver you can remove & replace a lot of parts on these things. (You can totally disassemble these 5xx/6xx with a #0, #1, and #2 Phillips head screwdrivers.)

Thanks a lot.Mo mean Macao.I will try to get one on eBay.
Glenn

Postby Glenn » November 18th, 2018, 11:03 pm

leonicholson wrote:Lots of buying options, like:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/iRobot-Roomba- ... 0&LH_BIN=1

Thanks you. :)
Glenn

Postby Griffin » November 23rd, 2018, 8:57 am

I think there will be a few good deals now that it's black friday. I found this and thought maybe it can help. We've been using Roomba for years now and I can't say it's cheap. Well maybe it is, at the moment. lol. I like how it cleans our floors, especially the carpeted section. It's too loud though when it starts cleaning. Suction wise, i noticed it is good.
Griffin

Postby leonicholson » November 23rd, 2018, 9:12 am

leonicholson
Robot Addict

Return to iRobot Roomba and Scooba Chat