i7+ Not Emptying Full Bin

The very latest news and updates for the iRobot Roomba robotic vacuum, the Scooba Robotic Washer and the Dirt Dog workshop sweeper. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

i7+ Not Emptying Full Bin

Postby pkadare » November 15th, 2018, 8:53 am

I've had a few instances now where the i7+ bin is not being automatically emptied when the bin is full. Has anyone else experienced this? If so, any solutions? Is there anyway to trigger the automatic bin emptying through the app? So far, when this has happened I've had to resort to manually emptying the bin, which kind of defeats the whole purpose of the extra money I spent on the + model.

Thanks!
pkadare

Re: i7+ Not Emptying Full Bin

Postby bytemaster0 » November 16th, 2018, 3:51 pm

I've only had it fail to empty the bin once. When it's on the dock, and you press the home button, does it empty the bin? Or, when you're logged in via the app, is the "Empty Bin" button available? Do these work? If not, check the contacts, or the IR window on the dock. They may be blocked and thus the robot doesn't know it's home.
bytemaster0

Re: i7+ Not Emptying Full Bin

Postby pkadare » November 23rd, 2018, 9:23 am

Thanks for the reply! Had a chat with Roomba support and they had me press and hold the Clean button down for 20 seconds, which causes the i7+ to reboot and then to unplug the base unit for 10 seconds. This resolved the problem and haven't had a problem since then.
pkadare

Return to iRobot Roomba and Scooba Chat