Battery Time for i7 Owners

The very latest news and updates for the iRobot Roomba robotic vacuum, the Scooba Robotic Washer and the Dirt Dog workshop sweeper. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

Battery Time for i7 Owners

Postby marquesalan » November 24th, 2018, 7:53 am

I want to address a question to i7 owners. My unit only runs about an hour before it has to recharge and empty it's bin. It has the same size battery as my 960 and that one lasts almost 90! Also, I noticed they disabled the Edge Clean button so the robot has to thoroughly clean the entire room and that takes more time. The area it needs to clean is about 1400 square feet which takes my robot about 2-3 recharges and 4 hours of time! My 960 does it in 2 hours and 15 minutes with one recharge however I do have the Edge Clean button turned OFF. I wish that was a feature for the new i7. I also changed the Cleaning Preference to only One Pass Cleaning but that did not help speed up the process. I love everything about the i7 except for the long clean time and did anyone notice they put the old cheap plastic bumper on this new unit and not the soft rubber one from the 900 series? It's loud when it hits an object and mine is always covered with dust. So strange. Can you please post your battery times on here? Thank you!
marquesalan
Robot Addict

Re: Battery Time for i7 Owners

Postby bytemaster0 » November 26th, 2018, 4:09 pm

What kind of flooring makes up the majority of your square footage? If it's carpet, run times will be a lot less. Hardwood, it'll be a lot longer. I have an i7+ that runs for about 55-60 minutes on carpet, and a good bit longer on hardwood. Instead of dealing with such long clean cycles, I just tell it to clean specific rooms on certain days, at certain times. Keeps the house clean, and keeps the clean times reasonable.
bytemaster0

Re: Battery Time for i7 Owners

Postby marquesalan » November 26th, 2018, 4:44 pm

The Master Bedroom is all carpet. The rest of the house is hard floors with low pile area rugs.
I already did what you suggested several days ago. It cleans half the house every other day and it seems to stay clean. Now it's just under 2 hours each day and it only recharges once. Great minds think alike, thanks for you input.
I just wish there were different levels of clean you can pick so if you just need a quick pass it doesn't take so long, like before guest come over. Maybe that feature and a rubber bumper will be on the i9!
marquesalan
Robot Addict

Return to iRobot Roomba and Scooba Chat