Can you schedule cleaning some days in some rooms?

The very latest news and updates for the iRobot Roomba robotic vacuum, the Scooba Robotic Washer and the Dirt Dog workshop sweeper. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

Can you schedule cleaning some days in some rooms?

Postby shatain00 » November 25th, 2018, 4:16 pm

With the Roomba i7 can I build an automatic schedule like this:
- Moday at 9:00am clean Kitchen + Living Room
- Wednesday 10:00am clean Family Room + Entrance
- Saturday 11:00am clean entire floor

Does the software allow this level of control/configuration?
Thanks,
shatain00

Re: Can you schedule cleaning some days in some rooms?

Postby vic7767 » November 25th, 2018, 6:45 pm

It appears that once the i7 maps the floor level it is assigned to do and all the rooms are identified, then you will be able to schedule each room for a cleaning on different days and times.
Roomba and Neato Mods, come visit: http://www.vic7767.com/
vic7767
Robot Master

Postby ps0001 » November 25th, 2018, 7:24 pm

Yep, I've tried it out--it works just like what Vic described.
ps0001
Robot Addict

Postby Brett » November 25th, 2018, 11:01 pm

shatain00 wrote:With the Roomba i7 can I build an automatic schedule like this: ...

You can but I'm thinking that is not the best use of the robot. There is no upside to doing it your way compared to cleaning the entire floor Mon, Wed & Sat. I'd say 3 full cleans a week would be a minimum.

(-8
Time flies like an arrow.
Fruit flies like a banana!
Brett
Robot Addict

Postby Brett » November 25th, 2018, 11:29 pm

Just a generic comment covering your search for info/opinions...

You have what I call "paralysis by analysis". You are seeking too much information to attempt to "calculate" which one is better for you. In fact the machines you are looking at are both great and the differences between them performance-wise will be insignificant compared to the incalculable differences around you and your environment. It's like asking people at the ice-cream stand to help you with your choice between strawberry or banana by rating scoring what they had out of ten to three decimal places.

You are making more of facts then there maybe is. You have picked up that the camera systems does not work in the dark. Boom! - Why would iRobot do that?!! My experience is that the smallest bit of light is enough - it's not taking photos, it is just "looking" for a few waypoints. Leave the curtains open - there will be plenty enough ambient light (assuming you don't live in the sticks AND there is no moon).

Pick the one that seems better to you and buy the damn thing - you'll love it. If you don't love it, then next time buy the other one, (but most likely you are one of "those" people that spends all your time focusing on what you don't like about something...)

Just my 2c.
Time flies like an arrow.
Fruit flies like a banana!
Brett
Robot Addict

Postby shatain00 » November 26th, 2018, 9:06 am

Wise and sound advise!
Thanks,
shatain00

Postby BrettS » December 6th, 2018, 1:03 am

I just got an I7+ and the ability to schedule different rooms on different days is actually a big thing for me and one of the reasons I decided to replace my 980. But what I’m doing is not what the OP suggested cleaning some rooms on one day and other rooms on another day.

Instead I have it configured to clean my high traffic and more dirty areas more often. I have it configured to clean my entryways and kitchen every day and the other floors are only cleaned twice a week.

I also have it configured not to clean my kid’s room automatically because there are always toys or clothes or something on the floor in there. Instead I can just make sure that the floor is clean and run an adhoc cleaning by saying “Alexa, tell the Roomba to clean the boy’s room”
BrettS

Return to iRobot Roomba and Scooba Chat