Roomba 670 leaving line of dirt when I pick it up

The very latest news and updates for the iRobot Roomba robotic vacuum, the Scooba Robotic Washer and the Dirt Dog workshop sweeper. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

Roomba 670 leaving line of dirt when I pick it up

Postby jsantana » November 28th, 2018, 10:43 am

Not sure if this is ok but when I stop the robot (click on the app button or on top of the robot button) and pick it up, it will leave a line of dust:

Even after placing it there and pressing the `spot` button, after it finishes and I pick it up, it will still leave a bit of a line of dirt
jsantana

Re: Roomba 670 leaving line of dirt when I pick it up

Postby leonicholson » November 28th, 2018, 11:05 am

I would imagine the suction stops and the last debris falls out of the brushes. Is dirt still left after "spot" cleaning if the vacuum moves on by itself and is then stopped after a bit?
leonicholson
Robot Addict

Postby jsantana » November 28th, 2018, 11:08 am

leonicholson wrote:I would imagine the suction stops and the last debris falls out of the brushes. Is dirt still left after "spot" cleaning if the vacuum moves on by itself and is then stopped after a bit?

after spot cleaning, it will still leave the line of dust but less than it was before. But still leaves some.
jsantana

Postby vic7767 » November 28th, 2018, 11:38 am

Check that the filter is clear of debris, verify the brushes are spinning, and check that the dust bin motor is blowing air out of the exhaust grill.
Roomba and Neato Mods, come visit: http://www.vic7767.com/
vic7767
Robot Master

Postby jsantana » November 28th, 2018, 12:17 pm

This is what I did. The dust there is the one on the image above. It cleaned it but leaves a bit of dust/dirt after I pick it up.

Check that the filter is clear of debris, verify the brushes are spinning, and check that the dust bin motor is blowing air out of the exhaust grill

Just did, they seem to be clean and spinning. The filter is a bit dusty but I feel a lot of air coming out of the exhaust so I'm guessing it's working.
jsantana

Postby jsantana » November 28th, 2018, 12:19 pm

Anyways, I took the spinners out and the container had some dirt and dust, so I cleaned it. Hopefully that solves the issue.
jsantana

Return to iRobot Roomba and Scooba Chat