New Roomba 980 drains the battery in stand by.

The very latest news and updates for the iRobot Roomba robotic vacuum, the Scooba Robotic Washer and the Dirt Dog workshop sweeper. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

New Roomba 980 drains the battery in stand by.

Postby Fmm1000 » December 24th, 2018, 7:20 am

As an electric car owner I know that it is best for your batteries to stay between 20 and 80 percent.
Therefore I stop my Roomba 980s charging at 80 percent. But after a day in standby it has drained the battery.
I have googled that there is a function called deep sleep which shuold be activated from the app.
But when I go to the app - more - preferences - deep sleep it just shows a blank screen. There is no toggle on off button.
What to do???
Fmm1000

Re: New Roomba 980 drains the battery in stand by.

Postby gregj » December 24th, 2018, 10:31 am

Different cars drain differently. Roomba has always been draining when left alone. That's why iRobot have always been telling owners, to remove the battery - if you're storing roomba for longer period of time. Older rumbas had also a socket, so you could keep it always charged when off the stand. But that was removed in 9XX.

Enjoy your 980. it has gotten way better over last two years, with software updates.
meep
gregj
Robot Addict

Re: New Roomba 980 drains the battery in stand by.

Postby RTC » December 24th, 2018, 7:24 pm

gregj wrote:Enjoy your 980. it has gotten way better over last two years, with software updates.

Software updates? I have had my 980 for nearly 2 years and when I asked iRobot customer support a couple months ago they said something like "don't worry about them, there have never been any software updates for the 980. we don't expect any in the future either."
Technologist (i.e. one who studies technologies)

From the earliest "sticks and stones" technologies of our prehuman ancestors to the latest "high tech" technologies of today, I like studying it all!
RTC
Robot Addict

Return to iRobot Roomba and Scooba Chat