Mopping bots

The very latest news and updates for the iRobot Roomba robotic vacuum, the Scooba Robotic Washer and the Dirt Dog workshop sweeper. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

Mopping bots

Postby redpoint5 » December 24th, 2018, 10:05 pm

I've got the original Scooba robot and like it well enough, except for the random navigation.

Newer bots spray the floor and then mop it up with an attached cloth. Does this do a better job cleaning than the Scoobas method of spraying, scrubbing with bristles, and then vacuuming up?

The Xiaomi gen II bot does both carpet vacuuming or (and?) mopping. Since it uses laser nav, I assume it does single pass instead of random motion. Is the combo a compromised, or does it do a good job at both tasks?
redpoint5
Robot Groupie

Re: Mopping bots

Postby leonicholson » December 25th, 2018, 11:54 am

We use Braava 380T's with reservoir pads. Navigation cubes map the ceilings. No brush, but regular use works for us on our concrete floors.
I doubt the effectiveness of combo devices compared to a Roomba and Braava combination.
(And used Roombas and Braavas are inexpensive).
leonicholson
Robot Addict

Postby babakonda » December 26th, 2018, 6:56 pm

From what I’ve read, most people use it (xiaomi) for vacuuming only so my guess would be - not too good.
Get the Braava to follow up after Roomba for maintenance. 380/390 can be found on ebay for reasonable prices.
Regarding actual cleaning, keep the Scooba as Braava only mops.
babakonda
Robot Addict

Postby iangough1000 » December 28th, 2018, 10:42 am

Scooba does a way better job than the braava. I have had both for years, and wish they would relaunch the scooba with a slighly better version that can control its water distribution, magnetic strip, phone app etc.
I now have a xiaomi and a braava 230. I miss my scooba !

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
iangough1000

Return to iRobot Roomba and Scooba Chat