i7+ clean base "always full" and needs to be replaced

The very latest news and updates for the iRobot Roomba robotic vacuum, the Scooba Robotic Washer and the Dirt Dog workshop sweeper. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

i7+ clean base "always full" and needs to be replaced

Postby shatain00 » December 26th, 2018, 7:59 pm

I have had my i7+ for a little over a week now and I am sure (like some) I have abused of it a bit - I had it run the entire house twice and with the holidays and showing off my new toy I run it at least 1 time a day in a few rooms (like Kitchen and stuff) - the performance isn't bad (has a real hard time in my kitchen with cracks between the tiles for example) - for the price I expected better but it does help and my wife loves it ...

Anyways - all that to give an example of USAGE - this morning I ran it (day after Christmas) and after half way it went back to the clean base and reported and the BAG WAS FULL - REPLACE TO RESUME CLEANING ...

Obviously with under 10 days of usage I was very surprised by this - so I checked the bag and while there was a LOT of crap in it (50% my wife hair ....) it didn't seem full (when I consider the $20/3 bags replacement costs).

So I tried a few things:
- Just put it back (same error)
- Emptied it out a bit with what I could reach (same error)
- Used my home vacuum to empty it, this did a fantastic job as the bag feels almost empty now (same error)

I honesty didn't want to put in my only other bag (going to order some tomorrow I guess) - but I am not understanding HOW the Clean Base determines that the bag is FULL - because right now it is CLEARLY not full at all - so why does it keep reporting that I need to replace it? Is there a sensor or some software switch?
shatain00

Re: i7+ clean base "always full" and needs to be replaced

Postby shatain00 » December 30th, 2018, 2:46 pm

This was because there was a CLOG in the clean-base, I took it apart following the instructions (5 screws) and now it works great.
shatain00

Return to iRobot Roomba and Scooba Chat