lighthouse barrier

The very latest news and updates for the iRobot Roomba robotic vacuum, the Scooba Robotic Washer and the Dirt Dog workshop sweeper. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

lighthouse barrier

Postby taredare » January 6th, 2019, 6:16 pm

I bought an e series roomba last week and one out of two room barriers does not work. I can compare the two, so I know how they work. One lights up when I flip the switch, the other is dead. I've changed batteries. Nothing. I bought mine at Costco. What to do?
taredare

Re: lighthouse barrier

Postby NoJimForHome » January 6th, 2019, 8:12 pm

Exchange at Costco? Their return policy is fabulous. Just to double-check, have you confirmed with your digital camera the behavior? (digital cameras will show the IR emissions from the lighthouse as whitish-purple.)
NoJimForHome
Robot Groupie

Re: lighthouse barrier

Postby babakonda » January 9th, 2019, 8:47 pm

NoJimForHome wrote:Exchange at Costco? Just to double-check, have you confirmed with your digital camera the behavior? (digital cameras will show the IR emissions from the lighthouse as whitish-purple.)

Just to add here, iPhone’s front camera (the lower quality one) will show it too. The regular back camera won’t.
babakonda
Robot Addict

Return to iRobot Roomba and Scooba Chat