Tip: Adding New Dividers to Existing Map

The very latest news and updates for the iRobot Roomba robotic vacuum, the Scooba Robotic Washer and the Dirt Dog workshop sweeper. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

Tip: Adding New Dividers to Existing Map

Postby ed@tenholder.net » January 8th, 2019, 1:48 pm

I have successfully mapped my home and all working great. Decided to divide one room in to two, so I can more frequently clean a high traffic area, and ran into problems that took me awhile to solve and I thought I'd share my experience.

The kitchen has an island and a sitting area, all mapped as one room. I wanted to separate out just one side of the island that runs in between the sink and island stove top for frequent cleaning after cooking. In order to do so, I would need to add two dividers on either side of this small area. In trying to add the first divider, I could not get it to create just a small line that would go between end of island and sink area, it would create a longer line that extended through the island to the other kitchen wall.

After much consideration, I deduced that the problem was that the divider I was trying to create would not actually create a separate room until I added the second divider. So, I created the longer divider, separating my kitchen into two rooms. Then added the smaller divider I wanted next to the longer line I didn't, separating the kitchen into 3 rooms (one very tiny, between the long line and the short line). Then I added the second divider at the other end of the area I wanted to separate, creating 4 rooms in my kitchen. Then, I just deleted the original too long line and I had my two rooms as I wanted. Just had to rename the rooms.

Hope this helps someone.
ed@tenholder.net

Return to iRobot Roomba and Scooba Chat