Roomba And Pet Hair Issue

The very latest news and updates for the iRobot Roomba robotic vacuum, the Scooba Robotic Washer and the Dirt Dog workshop sweeper. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

Roomba And Pet Hair Issue

Postby Kekees87 » January 13th, 2019, 9:51 am

Hello- we have a Roomba 600 series and we are having an issue with pet hair sticking to the vacuum and then when it rubs against our white couch- it leaves all the pet hair. So, now the bottom of our white couch is covered in black pet hair from when it rubs against it. Anyone else have this problem or suggestions?
Kekees87

Re: Roomba And Pet Hair Issue

Postby NoJimForHome » January 13th, 2019, 7:35 pm

Sounds like a static electricity thing. Is it quite dry where you are? Hopefully the issue is transitory and will die down as the seasons change. (FWIW I have two long-haired dogs and a cat. TONS of hair, but no obvious static rub-off.)
NoJimForHome
Robot Groupie

Postby RTC » January 13th, 2019, 9:22 pm

Try rubbing the area where the hair collects with Fabric Softener Sheets, like you would use in the dryer when doing laundry. They contain an antistatic material and might prevent buildup of static electricity on the Roomba's housing like they do on clothes in the dryer.
Technologist (i.e. one who studies technologies)

From the earliest "sticks and stones" technologies of our prehuman ancestors to the latest "high tech" technologies of today, I like studying it all!
RTC
Robot Addict

Postby Kekees87 » January 14th, 2019, 1:41 pm

Thanks so much! I will look into it!
Kekees87

Return to iRobot Roomba and Scooba Chat