Dimensions of i7+ automatic base station

The very latest news and updates for the iRobot Roomba robotic vacuum, the Scooba Robotic Washer and the Dirt Dog workshop sweeper. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

Dimensions of i7+ automatic base station

Postby ed@tenholder.net » January 15th, 2019, 12:40 pm

I'm thinking about adding the automatic vacuum base station to my i7, creating an i7+

My i7 is currently on the small base station located under a piece of furniture. Works great, and roomba is hidden and out of the way.

Now I'm thinking about adding the automatic bin emptying station that comes with the i7+, but am worried about how far from the wall the tall portion of the base station is, so I know how far away from wall the current piece of furniture would have to be for this to work.

Could someone measure the distance from wall of the top vertical portion of the base station for me?
ed@tenholder.net

Re: Dimensions of i7+ automatic base station

Postby pkadare » January 16th, 2019, 9:33 am

That distance will depend on whether or not you have baseboards, quarter round, etc. The depth of the "tower" on the charging station is just a hair under 6".
pkadare

Re: Dimensions of i7+ automatic base station

Postby ed@tenholder.net » January 16th, 2019, 7:40 pm

thanks, that's a big help. Just moved the furniture enough away from the wall to accommodate that, and will see how the WAF is over the next week.
ed@tenholder.net

Return to iRobot Roomba and Scooba Chat