[Roomba 560] Main brushes AND side brush not spinning

The very latest news and updates for the iRobot Roomba robotic vacuum, the Scooba Robotic Washer and the Dirt Dog workshop sweeper. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

[Roomba 560] Main brushes AND side brush not spinning

Postby allanl16 » January 22nd, 2019, 3:00 pm

Hi guys, hope you're having a good week. I'm trying to repair my aunts Roomba and it appears that the main brushes + the side brush aren't spinning. I cleared debris from both parties and they appear to spin fine by hand. In addition, when I put it to run it travels normally however it makes a grinding noise. I believe this grinding is preventing the brushes from spinning but I have no experience with this. Any ideas?
Thanks!

Edit: I've ran a diagnostic and in addition to some sensor failures, the main noise culprits are Test 16- Main Brush and
Test 19- side Brush
allanl16

Re: [Roomba 560] Main brushes AND side brush not spinning

Postby vic7767 » January 22nd, 2019, 8:16 pm

It's possible that the CHM (Cleaning Head Module) has broken gears due to debris build-up. Just replace the CHM with a new one, same for the side brush, just replace it with a new side brush module.
Roomba and Neato Mods, come visit: http://www.vic7767.com/
vic7767
Robot Master

Return to iRobot Roomba and Scooba Chat