i7 with undocking problem

The very latest news and updates for the iRobot Roomba robotic vacuum, the Scooba Robotic Washer and the Dirt Dog workshop sweeper. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

i7 with undocking problem

Postby saulofrota » January 23rd, 2019, 4:08 pm

Hi guys,

After using my i7 only twice, it started giving the message “Undocking problem. Clear obstacles, then press CLEAN” and when I proceed and put it back in the base and press clean, it will either give this message again or say "Tap Roomba's bumper, then press CLEAN to restart.", which I did in many ways and several times. The things I tried were:
- I've already updated the software through the app;
- I pressed the home buttom for about 15 seconds untill it turned off.
- I've changed the docking to another place where there are no objects anywhere near it.
- I tried cleaning the sensors too, but there wasn't much to clean, since it had only been used twice.
- I used the app to do a factory reset.
- I followed the instructions for the bump problem on their website.

After turning it off for a few days and not charging it, it worked again, but only once. Also, when I removed the battery and put it back on, it also worked again, but again only once.

And I can't send it back to irobot because I bought it when on vacation in the US, but now that I'm in Brazil both irobots (american and brazilian) are saying I lost my warranty. :?

Any help would be great!
saulofrota

Re: i7 with undocking problem

Postby vic7767 » January 23rd, 2019, 4:30 pm

The issue you now have is that the i7 Roomba is the first model that does not provide access to the Built in Test firmware so you as a owner/user can no longer attempt to test your robot. Also since your Roomba is not under any warranty iRobot will not access your i7 via TCP/IP and test it.

You can suspect a faulty bumper sensor but no way to determine which one.
Roomba and Neato Mods, come visit: http://www.vic7767.com/
vic7767
Robot Master

Postby saulofrota » January 24th, 2019, 8:27 am

Thanks for the quick reply. I just spoke to the brazilian tech support and they said they couln't help me, since there are no i7s in Brazi yet. I also asked if they could at least access my robot remotely to check the firmware, but he sounded like it was the first time knowing it was possible.

I'm not sure what to do next. Is there a way of hacking the roomba and perform the firmware test?
saulofrota

Postby vic7767 » January 24th, 2019, 11:41 am

saulofrota wrote:Is there a way of hacking the roomba and perform the firmware test?

No one has discovered or posted any info about how to access diagnostic firmware in the i7 yet.

The one clue you have is that resetting or removing and replacing the battery allows one cleaning run indicates a sensor failure that is setting a fault bit in a error register that is cleared when power is removed from the robot and then set again during the cleaning run.
Roomba and Neato Mods, come visit: http://www.vic7767.com/
vic7767
Robot Master

Postby saulofrota » January 25th, 2019, 1:53 pm

That makes sense. Thanks for replying. You were very helpful!
saulofrota

Return to iRobot Roomba and Scooba Chat