Switch to full style
The very latest news and updates for the iRobot Roomba robotic vacuum, the Scooba Robotic Washer and the Dirt Dog workshop sweeper. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.
Post a reply

How much did you pay for your i7+?

January 23rd, 2019, 7:25 pm

I could have sworn when the i7+ came out it was something like $950. Now, on iRobot's website, it's listed for nearly $1200. Does anyone know the reason behind this? It also looks like the clean base increased in price to $350 for the stand alone product.

What's with these crazy price hikes?

Re: How much did you pay for your i7+?

January 24th, 2019, 5:13 pm

$950 from ebay, amazon has it listed at $1350 as I just checked..

January 24th, 2019, 10:55 pm

I read it has to do with new tariffs on certain parts imported from China.

February 19th, 2019, 1:24 pm

Hopefully Trump has to pay the new 10% increase on all the materials he imports from China to build his hotels.

February 19th, 2019, 1:51 pm

I'd really like to have the I7+ but I may wait a year for prices to come down. Seems like if you buy previous models they get way cheaper. I'm tempted to pick up a 960 because the prices are pretty good right now. But it's the I7 I mostly want. Decisions, Decisions, and 1st world problems I guess.

February 19th, 2019, 6:05 pm

drunkpenguin wrote:I'd really like to have the I7+ but I may wait a year for prices to come down. Seems like if you buy previous models they get way cheaper. I'm tempted to pick up a 960 because the prices are pretty good right now. .

Every new edition of something can be somewhat better than its predecessor, but remember that "better" is relative and the predecessor was the "best thing since sliced bread" a few short months ago. :D

February 21st, 2019, 11:44 am

@leonnicholson

Thank you for this comment! After debating for a long time we decided to order a 960. The price on them right now is pretty good. I really wanted the self emptying bot but 1100 is just way to much to spend on a vacuum. I'll pick one up in a couple years when they come way down. The 960 will give me smarter nav so I can hide the charger. The only thing I'm missing is self emptying and the ability to clean just one room. The latter is something I don't need as cleaning the entire house is better for us anyways. We'll see how it goes.

Also just for others info, I read on Reddit that if you call iRobot and ask for a discount on the I7+ that they will offer 150 off the price. I sent them an email about this and was denied. But they did offer to send a free maintenance kit with brushes and filters. Just in case that sweetens the deal for anyone.

February 23rd, 2019, 12:33 pm

hi

i have 2x Roomba i7+ for sale. brand new in box. im willing to let go for $1050. Please pm if interested! i can do paypal!

March 21st, 2019, 4:38 am

For those of you in Europe looking to buy an i7: Spain’s biggest supermarket chain has i7+ on sale now, for eur 959,20
https://www.elcorteingles.es/electrodom ... lean-base/
The base i7 without the base is priced eur 719,20: https://www.elcorteingles.es/electrodom ... lean-base/
Post a reply