Roomba brush is not cleaning anymore (vacuum is on though)

The very latest news and updates for the iRobot Roomba robotic vacuum, the Scooba Robotic Washer and the Dirt Dog workshop sweeper. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

Roomba brush is not cleaning anymore (vacuum is on though)

Postby Nightlife31 » March 11th, 2019, 3:21 pm

I'm puzzled to why my roomba suddendly isnt working well anymore. Its a 500 series and I have it for 8+ year. With the CHM mod and the standard bin upgrade http://www.robotreviews.com/chat/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=19495, it has been working perfect .
But suddenly all hairs stick to the brush, and the bin is not collecting any dirt anymore.

I dont have the idea that the vacuum fan is running less strong and I can feel air coming from the back. I've clean the bin and CHM, but this didnt solve the problem.

Anyone an idea how I can get my roomba back in operation again?
Attachments
IMG_2263.JPG
Nightlife31

Re: Roomba brush is not cleaning anymore (vacuum is on thoug

Postby TechGuy » March 11th, 2019, 4:24 pm

1. Clean your Roomba
2. Remove the dust bin
3. Run your Roomba
4. Look from behind. Is the brushes turning?
Charging battery directly: 400 Series, 500 Series,.H-Bridge Repair How to Desolder
TechGuy
Robot Addict

Re: Roomba brush is not cleaning anymore (vacuum is on thoug

Postby Nightlife31 » March 12th, 2019, 2:17 pm

I could have come up with that myself.... but I didn't
Indeed the brush was not turning. Took out the CHM, the motor and gears did run on an external power source, so I gave it all a good clean and now it is running again.
Great thanks
and a great thanks to irobot. I'm seriously impressed by the robustness of this little robot
Nightlife31

Return to iRobot Roomba and Scooba Chat