Scoobas and Roomba software

The very latest news and updates for the iRobot Roomba robotic vacuum, the Scooba Robotic Washer and the Dirt Dog workshop sweeper. All discussion and troubleshooting questions go here.

Scoobas and Roomba software

Postby Scoobas » May 7th, 2019, 7:04 am

Hello all,

By this way I’m looking for the blackbox software and the iRobot_BiT_CaptureV1.1.

I have a Roomba 6xx with a problem and a scooba 58xx that gives a error when I want too charge the battery. If I place the battery in my second scooba it will charge it without any error/problem. The scooba will show the RED triangle with 4 beeps sound and the green Tank sign. My Scooba 390 don’t give any RED triangle or Tank sign.

This is the reason why I’m looking for any diagnostic software so I can discover the problem.

Can somebody help me further?

Thanks for reading my subject.
Scoobas

Re: Scoobas and Roomba software

Postby vic7767 » May 7th, 2019, 1:35 pm

Here is a link to a starting point for you.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2757
Roomba and Neato Mods, come visit: http://www.vic7767.com/
vic7767
Robot Master

Postby Scoobas » May 7th, 2019, 5:35 pm

My problem is not the tank but charging the battery....
Scoobas

Postby vic7767 » May 7th, 2019, 7:23 pm

Your Scooba has a built-in firmware program the performs diagnostic tests. Information on how to access the Built in Tests and a description of what they each perform can be found in the 5800-5900 Service Manual that was included in the URL link I posted above.

There is also a similar Service Manual for your 600 model Roomba. It is called the iRobot 500 model Roomba Service Manual.

You can gain additional info that is similar to the Black Box reference you posted by connecting a comm cable between your PC USB port and the 7-pin mini din connector contained inside the Roomba and Scooba.
Roomba and Neato Mods, come visit: http://www.vic7767.com/
vic7767
Robot Master

Return to iRobot Roomba and Scooba Chat